Error adding new practice

Technical problems with Medisoft.
KAYBILLING

Error adding new practice

Post by KAYBILLING » Tue Dec 03, 2019 8:57 am

I'm running V23 Advanced. Trying to add a new practice, click "new practice", add practice name and data path, create, getting an error "Could not setup users rights in the database. Please check your settings and try again." I've not encountered this problem before. Any ideas??
Thanks,
Cindy

KAYBILLING

Re: Error adding new practice

Post by KAYBILLING » Tue Dec 03, 2019 9:01 am

ps...I cancel out, then when I try to close Medisoft I get "Error 7041: File not found. Verify the specififed patha nd file name is correct. c:\MediData\datapath\mwopt.adt. I had to run a MediUtils to get back in.

Gavin Walker

Post by Gavin Walker » Tue Dec 03, 2019 9:13 am

Hi Cindy, you definitely had some files missing. Try running File > File Maintenance and rebuild indexes and pack data on all tables. Run a backup first.
Gavin Walker
Walker Tek Solutions, LLC
417-890-6777 x0
fax: 417-763-6386

KAYBILLING

Post by KAYBILLING » Tue Dec 03, 2019 9:24 am

Ok I did that. Now when I try to create a new set of data, enter practice name and data path I'm getting error "there is existing data that is invalid. Unable to continue". ?? Everything's been working fine until I tried to add this new practice!

KAYBILLING

Post by KAYBILLING » Tue Dec 03, 2019 9:37 am

And here's the Repairdata file after running Medutils, keep in mind this is on an established practice I had open before starting/trying to add a new practice. I'm not able to run it on the new practice as I can't even get it set up!

Repair Practice Data
Practice: c:\MediData\CR\
12/3/2019 9:04:24 AM

[Removing bad files]

[Binding existing data to Dictionary]

[Recreating missing files]
Table: MWCLAE could not be removed
Table: MWTRNE could not be removed
Rebuilding tables
Rebuilding Archive and AR tables

[Recreating Triggers]

[Allowed Access to Data]

Gavin Walker

Post by Gavin Walker » Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:14 am

Try creating a new practice again, but into a new folder. If you are reusing an old folder, files that are already there may be messing things up. Or, you might try manually deleting MWCLAE.* and MWTRNE.* and then run the Repair Practice Data utility again.

KAYBILLING

Post by KAYBILLING » Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:59 am

I've tried that, creating a brand new folder in MediData for the new practice. Can't even get to the point of getting a folder set up it bounces me out stating could not set up user rights in database, check settings. I've logged in as admin no luck. I've tried different folder names also, and I've tried creating the folder first then pointing to it, but no luck. I found the MWCLAE and MWTRNE in one of the two established practices I was in when trying to set up this new practice, and I've deleted them but same problem. I think I need tech support....ugh.

KAYBILLING

Post by KAYBILLING » Tue Dec 03, 2019 3:38 pm

So I've played with this some more, setting up a new practice. It will let me direct a new practice name to an existing data folder (so I'm opening another practice data under a new practice name), works fine. I've even copied the contents of another data folder into a new data folder then created a practice name and directed to that folder and was able to open it. But when I try to create a new practice and create a new folder, I get an error that it could not set up user rights in the database and I can't go any further. It creates a folder with 23 files (I emailed to you, couldn't get to post here), but it won't let me open the practice, I get booted out. I've checked firewalls, permissions, etc., opened up as admin., can't figure it out.
I'm thinking I need tech support. Let me know your thoughts.

Gavin Walker

Post by Gavin Walker » Wed Dec 04, 2019 9:01 am

The next thing I would try is reinstalling Medisoft Advanced v23 again. Take the default install options.

KAYBILLING

Post by KAYBILLING » Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:49 am

Thanks Gavin. I'm going to try this later today and let you know if it works!