Technical problems with Medisoft.
medisourcehcs

V23 Medisoft freezing

Post by medisourcehcs » Mon Nov 25, 2019 7:59 pm

I am running Medisoft V23 on Windows Server 2016 Standard
16 GB RAM
2.09 GHz Common KVM processor
I have approx 15 users connecting

I use a Remote Desktop Application and publish Medisoft out to the end users.

I figured out that the Medisoft app would freeze if any one user was running Medisoft in Full Screen Mode. Easy solution: don't run FSM.

But - I have one employee who has a Mac. When she connects to the RDP, her connection will freeze if another users connection has gone idle. My IT dept can't seem to pinpoint the issue. Has anyone else seen this or have any other suggestions on how to fix this?

I am planning on upgrading to V24 next month, so not sure if the issue is a V23 issue or just an issue an overall issue with Medisoft and my Windows Server.

I don't have this issue with Office Hours or any other application that I publish from the server (only Medisoft).

Thank you in advance for any input. I have tried and tried to figure out a solution, but unfortunately, my IT dept is not knowledgeable with the Medisoft program and claim they have never run into these type of issues with any other program.

Gavin Walker

Re: V23 Medisoft freezing

Post by Gavin Walker » Tue Nov 26, 2019 9:01 am

We are running into trouble running Office Hours in full screen mode. Do your users have read/write rights to the C:\medisoft folder? Medisoft actively reads and writes to files in this folder.
Gavin Walker
Walker Tek Solutions, LLC
417-890-6777 x0
fax: 417-763-6386