V15 sp2 Backups

Technical problems with Medisoft.
cborders

V15 sp2 Backups

Post by cborders » Tue Feb 02, 2010 6:44 pm

After upgrading to sp2 a couple of weeks ago, I've noticed some irregularities with Medisoft backups in scheduled tasks. I had set up a task to back up each of our accounts each night. Each task was configured to start 3 minutes after the previous one. Each backup would be saved in a directory such as: Server\\Drive\\Backups\\Doc Name\\Doc Name Current Date.mbk. Medisoft backup would add the current system date automatically. This way I had a history of backups.

After the upgrade to sp2, Medisoft backup is selecting a different name for each backup. It appears it is choosing the name that was used when a backup was last run from the client. And each night it has been using that name for that account and overwriting the previous backup. So the current system date is no longer being added to the end of the backup.

Hope this makes sense.

Gavin Walker

Re: V15 sp2 Backups

Post by Gavin Walker » Fri Feb 12, 2010 11:04 am

This WAS reported back with the release of V15SP1. All was good with V15.

The workaround is to take the V15 files : Autotask.exe and Mbackup.exe from the ORIGINAL V15 release and copy these back into your program files Medisoft directory on the machine that is doing the unattended backup.

This was reported to Medisoft on ticket # 11280848.

This HAS been an issue with the release of V14SP1.

The bug is in: V14SP1, V14SP2, V15SP1, V15SP2

A problem if you use the above workaround though is the original AutoTask doesn't work with Windows 7.
Gavin Walker
Walker Tek Solutions, LLC
417-890-6777 x0
fax: 417-763-6386