Access violation error w/a twist

Technical problems with Medisoft.
bkwrmz7

Access violation error w/a twist

Post by bkwrmz7 » Tue Feb 02, 2010 5:05 pm

Ok, so when I am trying to print a superbill from medisoft, I get
Access violation at address 0045B958 in module 'mapa.exe'. Read of address 00000070

when I try to print from Office Hours, I get
Access violation at address 00458EA4 in module 'ohp.exe'. Read of address 00000070

I have rebuilt the indexes & packed the data, I'm still getting these errors.

There may be more to the story, but I dont know if it's relevant, but I'll tell you anyway
This morning I was trying to change a field in a report designed superbill, I copied a field from another form within report designer & paste it to my superbill, I save it, I closed out. I went back to Medisoft & tried to print a superbill to see if the change I made was now pulling the right info, and I am getting the above errors.
So I went back to report designer so I could delete the field I pasted, and now I cant pull up my superbill at all

Now I want to cry. Can someone help?

Gavin Walker

Post by Gavin Walker » Tue Feb 02, 2010 6:46 pm

Look in C:\\Medidata\\<practice>\\UReports on your Medisoft server machine. Look for the most recent file named *.MRE and move it out of that folder. Also look for any *.MRE files that have a 0 byte file length and delete them. If Office Hours is working now, then the report you just saved was corrupted. The Medisoft Report Designer that comes with Medisoft is notorious for corrupting files this way. The only way to recover the corrupt file is to retrieve it from backup. The only suggestion I can make when working with the Medisoft Report Designer is to do a \"Save As\" and work on a copy of your report and save often.
Gavin Walker
Walker Tek Solutions, LLC
417-890-6777 x0
fax: 417-763-6386

bkwrmz7

Post by bkwrmz7 » Tue Feb 02, 2010 7:29 pm

I ended up doing that, I got a copy of my report from a backup, and in the future will do the save as thing you were talking about. thank u!