Medicare making Corrected payments again.... Need positive adj's

Technical problems with Medisoft.
tonymurrieta

Medicare making Corrected payments again.... Need positive adj's

Post by tonymurrieta » Tue May 01, 2018 1:07 pm

Hi,

So the situation is that we received Medicare payment and they were posted properly with the correct adj's and balance, But now Medicare is making an additional 4.00 or 3.00 dollars more per claim. Some accounts are waiting for the secondary payer payments and others the secondary has already paid. How can we go about posting the additional payments from medicare. Right now the work around is delete every old adjustment (using account ledger F7) on the DOS from medicare and re do the adjustments with the additional payments. But if their a way to post + adjustments on the posting screen(Enter Deposits/Payments)?? Because all I see as positive is the TAKEBACK section, and they said even if you make a new adj reason under TAKEBACK the transaction will still show up on the TAKEBACK report.

Rachelb

Re: Medicare making Corrected payments again.... Need positive adj's

Post by Rachelb » Wed May 02, 2018 8:41 am

Hi,

I would post the additional Medicare payments. Then create a Reverse Adjustment code, but uncheck mark "make adjustment negative"-you are creating a positive adjustment code to bring the balance back down to zero after the credit you applied from Medicare. I made my code REVADJ. Use the reverse adjustment and apply the appropriate amount to each service line.
You said Medicare is paying an additional $3, so there would be a $3 credit on each line. Go into the case, enter the REVADJ at the bottom of the transaction entry and put in $3 apply to the line and it will bring it to a zero balance.
I would NOT post this as a TAKEBACK. I would NOT delete the original adjustments.

Hope this helps!

Rachel
Rachel Bears
Billing Manager, Certified Plus Trainer

Rachelb

Post by Rachelb » Wed May 02, 2018 8:54 am

I have attached a pic of my reverse adjustment.
Attachments
revadj.PNG
revadj.PNG (13.77 KiB) Viewed 3857 times
Rachel Bears

tonymurrieta

Post by tonymurrieta » Wed May 02, 2018 2:20 pm

Thanks, yea I did exactly what you said. But is there any way to do this without going into Transaction Entry. Can we do it while we post tho? Because I created it but on the posting screen its negative no matter what. I post under Enter Deposit/payments....

Rachelb

Post by Rachelb » Wed May 02, 2018 3:59 pm

Unfortunately, I have not found a way to post a reverse adjustment in the deposit window:( Like you said it will be negative if posted in the deposit window. You will have to fix these in the Transaction entry. Sorry!
Rachel Bears