Remainder statement & guarantor change

Technical problems with Medisoft.
SalJim71

Remainder statement & guarantor change

Post by SalJim71 » Wed Jun 28, 2017 6:40 pm

I previously bill a patient's balance to her father, now that is has her own insurance she wants to receive the statements. I changed the guarantor, deleted the previous statements (in statement management). When I try to create a new statement it tells me no remainder statement was created. When I'm in the patient's chart & shows that there is a balance due. How can I get the statement to be created & printed?

Gavin Walker

Re: Remainder statement & guarantor change

Post by Gavin Walker » Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:11 pm

If you are doing a Remainder patient statement. All insurance must have a payment entered and marked complete (if it is a $0.00 payment). If it is a Standard patient statement, it should print right out.

If you are trying to print from Statement Management, you have to decide which statements type you are going to use ahead of time before you create your statement records. If you create Standard type statement records, then you can only print standard type statement from those records. The same is true for remainder records. If you have statement records of the wrong type, then you need to delete them all and recreate statement records with the correct type.

You might also run Recalc ALL balances from File Maintenance in case some of your patient balances got off and that can affect whether statements print or not.
Gavin Walker
Walker Tek Solutions, LLC
417-890-6777 x0
fax: 417-763-6386

SalJim71

Post by SalJim71 » Tue Jul 04, 2017 12:17 am

The remainder statement for this patient always printed but like I said I changed the guarantor & deleted the statement in statement management. Now I can't print a remainder statement even though it shows a balance.

Gavin Walker

Post by Gavin Walker » Wed Jul 05, 2017 7:41 am

Did a remainder statement record get re-generated when you created the remainder statement records in Statement Management?