Trying to delete a Case

Technical problems with Medisoft.
ProCareSabrina

Trying to delete a Case

Post by ProCareSabrina » Fri Dec 09, 2016 2:18 pm

We have duplicate charts entered, so after deleting everything out of the case on the duplicate chart, we go to List >Patients/Guarantors/Cases and selected the one case in the duplicate chart, hit Delete Case and we get a pop up error:

"The case record is currently being used in the CASE NUMBER field of the TRANSACTION table and cannot be deleted."

We have deleted all charges, all payments, all claims, all multimedia attached, anything and everything we normally do in this case. This is the first time we're seeing this error.

Any ideas?

Gavin Walker

Re: Trying to delete a Case

Post by Gavin Walker » Fri Dec 09, 2016 3:37 pm

In Transaction Entry, make sure all records are deleted out of the top and bottom grids including adjustments and comments. Then you should be able to delete the Case.
Gavin Walker
Walker Tek Solutions, LLC
417-890-6777 x0
fax: 417-763-6386

ProCareSabrina

Post by ProCareSabrina » Fri Dec 09, 2016 3:43 pm

Yes, that has been done. I see NOTHING stopping this from deleting, and it's the first time I've seen it, but my associate says he's run into one other identical to this recently.

Gavin Walker

Post by Gavin Walker » Fri Dec 09, 2016 3:53 pm

I can see this possibly happening with some data corruption. The case # is used in the transaction table, but under a different patient. It would basically be an orphaned transaction that doesn't belong anywhere. We can write an SQL script to find any of these if you have any. If you suspect this, please contact our office and we can examine your data and determine if you need data repair services or not.