Relay Health hangup

Technical problems with Medisoft.
Jilda13

Relay Health hangup

Post by Jilda13 » Fri Sep 18, 2009 4:12 pm

We appear to have a problem with Relay Health accepting claims smoothly and routinely. When we have several claims to post, we feed them into the system one at a time, not in batches, and wait for the acceptance report before sending the next one. After eighteen to twenty filings, the system blocks and tells us another authorized user is using the system and refuses to accept more claims. There is no other user -- it's a single user setup. Relay's solution told us to to shut down for an hour and wait for the system to clear itself. Seems like Relay Health is choking on our input. This is really not acceptable. Hours cost money. Relay Health and Medisoft no help at all.

Has anyone else encountered this problem?

Gavin Walker

Post by Gavin Walker » Fri Sep 18, 2009 5:00 pm

Yes, others are having this issue. I believe this is either an issue on Relay Health's end or the Medisoft Relay Health module doesn't always close the connection properly. In either case, we have to wait for someone at McKesson to fix this.

There is a new module to submit to Relay Health called Revenue Management Advanced. If you are on Medisoft version 15, sign up for it before 9/30/2009. If you do, then you will get Revenue Management Advanced for free for as long as you stay with Relay Health.

Also, since you will be using a different link there is a chance it will fix whatever is broken.

Otherwise, you might try batching everything up and submitting one claim file at the end of the day. That should avoid the issue entirely.
Gavin Walker
Walker Tek Solutions, LLC
417-890-6777 x0
fax: 417-763-6386

Jilda13

Post by Jilda13 » Sat Sep 19, 2009 8:50 am

Many thanks. It is always a great relief to know that you are not the only one having a specific problem.

careymvigormd

Re: Relay Health hangup

Post by careymvigormd » Wed Aug 25, 2010 4:40 pm

I found Relay so bad I went with Capario. They are willing to work on EDI registration problems without holding me ransom for a fortune. I was getting "bad serial number" errors saying my serial number was for v15 when I bought v16. Relay and my VAR were useless--- they demanded I buy a support contract for a fortune just to get a proper serial number. I would not have anything to do with Relay...or 2k in Redondo Beach...major rip off...I am very happy with Capario, although there are a few minor bugs to fix in v 16 but at least they work on it as an EDI registration problem and don't try to rape me financially. I am in the process of setting of a large operation for much of the state of Michigan and they just think I am a mom and pop operation...too bad they lost me as a customer forever. I would get rid of Relay, go with Capario instead.
Carey M Vigor MD

Gavin Walker

Re: Relay Health hangup

Post by Gavin Walker » Wed Aug 25, 2010 10:48 pm

careymvigormd wrote:I was getting "bad serial number" errors saying my serial number was for v15 when I bought v16. Relay and my VAR were useless--- they demanded I buy a support contract for a fortune just to get a proper serial number.
Carey M Vigor MD
Sorry to hear that. RelayHealth customers were supposed to get a Revenue Management Advanced for Medisoft v16 for free. If anyone needs this, private message me and I can get you yours for free. Just let me know if you are on Medisoft v15 or v16. If you put in a VAR Change Request to McKesson to make MedTech your VAR, then I'll even help you set up Revenue Management for free.

Carey, I am glad you found Capario to work well for you. I am considering working more closely with them now that we don't have McKesson in the middle anymore. I only have a handful of customers on Capario now.