Medisoft v19 reports running slow

Technical problems with Medisoft.
Barbiaux

Medisoft v19 reports running slow

Post by Barbiaux » Wed Sep 28, 2016 6:17 am

We have Medisoft v19 sp1. When we first installed it about a year ago we had the problem with the reports software running very slow. It sometimes take 8 minutes for a simple day sheet to run. I am almost certain we installed the hot fix and everything was running fine. About 2 months ago all of a sudden the report software went back to being very slow.

I figured maybe something happened with the hotfix so I tried running it again. at 49% I get an error that says repJoin.adi could not be opened and it ends the install.

Is there anything else that you can suggest to get this report running again. We have just been dealing with the slowness but we have a new practice that wants 4 reports run 3 times a week.

FYI, we also purchased the report developer from Medtech within the year as well.

Gavin Walker

Re: Medisoft v19 reports running slow

Post by Gavin Walker » Wed Sep 28, 2016 6:54 pm

If just one computer in the network doesn't have the hot fix installed, then the issue will eventually come back again. Make sure everyone is out of Medisoft, reboot the server and then install the hot fix again. Make sure Medisoft runs and the report speed has returned back to normal. Repeat the process on all Medisoft computers.
Gavin Walker
Walker Tek Solutions, LLC
417-890-6777 x0
fax: 417-763-6386

mleder

Post by mleder » Tue Jan 24, 2017 2:19 pm

i have version 20. is there a hotfix I should download to help my reports run quicker? if there is, where do I find it? thank you so much

Gavin Walker

Post by Gavin Walker » Tue Jan 24, 2017 6:35 pm

No, the hot fix just addresses an issue where Medisoft v20 hangs on startup in some cases. There is the possibility though if you had v19 and multiple Medidata root folders that one of them didn't get updated when you upgraded to v20. If so, it is worth a shot reinstalling v20 to see if that fixes your issue.