Medisoft suddenly requires registration. (re-registration)

Technical problems with Medisoft.
Hearmel

Medisoft suddenly requires registration. (re-registration)

Post by Hearmel » Wed Sep 21, 2016 5:37 pm

After almost a year of using Medisoft version 20, it suddenly requires me to register again. This upgrade was installed by you and no original Medisoft disks/certificate of authenticity were given. I put in the codes you provided for v20 Medisoft Network Professional and for Office Hours Professional for Networks. I am able to print the registration, but Office Hours Pro NT still comes up as unregistered on the receipt and i still get the same expiration pending code message when i try to enter Medisoft Pro.

When i go to medisoft website to try to register again, it asks for you VAR#. What is it?

Gavin Walker

Re: Medisoft suddenly requires registration. (re-registration)

Post by Gavin Walker » Thu Sep 22, 2016 10:26 am

Hi, you can leave VAR # blank. The problem is you tried to enter a serial # for Office Hours and you don't have one and you don't need one. But, now that an Office Hours serial # is entered, Medisoft is forcing you to enter a valid serial # and register it.

To fix this, move all files out of your MediData folder to a backup folder, but leave all of the sub-folders in place. When you start up Medisoft again, it will prompt you that there is no MediData root here, would you like to create one. Answer Yes and then re-add your practice back into the practice list.

When you register your product, key the information EXACTLY like you have it on the registration report that you have except do not tab to or enter anything into the Office Hours line if you have one.

When you are asked if you already have a registration code, answer Yes and key the code EXACTLY like you have it on the report.

Once Medisoft is registered, there is no need to register Office Hours.

Save your registration report in case you need to re-enter the information again in the future.
Gavin Walker
Walker Tek Solutions, LLC
417-890-6777 x0
fax: 417-763-6386

Hearmel

Post by Hearmel » Thu Sep 22, 2016 5:38 pm

thanks for the response
Unfortunately, I did as you said. When i restarted Medisoft I got the same message to register, even without the folders in Medidata. I hit register later, and saw my practice. When i tried to open it it said no data. If i tried to register, it already knew all the old info, including the serial number, even thought the folder wasn't there and the data couldn't be found for my practice. Still asked for serial number for Office hours, despite leaving that are blank. Never got the request would you like to create a new root".

Andrew

Post by Andrew » Fri Sep 23, 2016 9:49 am

If it lost registration I would check all the computers and make sure all got updated to v20. If one wasn't that is the culprit for losing registration.
Andrew Analla
Support Team
MedTech Medical Management Systems
3058 S Delaware Ave
Springfield, MO 65804
Ph: 417.890.6777 | Fax: 417.890.6788

Hearmel

Post by Hearmel » Fri Sep 23, 2016 10:54 am

all are updated to v20, as done by you. any units with the old v18 have had that removed. issue now is really not what caused it, but how to resolve it going forward. Gavin thought putting info for Office hours registration was a source of problem and restarting without folders in medidata would resolve this, but hasn't. Still requests registration, including for Office hours. Thanks.

Andrew

Post by Andrew » Fri Sep 23, 2016 1:16 pm

If you open OH before registration it asks for OH registration.
Andrew Analla
Support Team
MedTech Medical Management Systems
3058 S Delaware Ave
Springfield, MO 65804
Ph: 417.890.6777 | Fax: 417.890.6788

Hearmel

Post by Hearmel » Fri Sep 23, 2016 5:13 pm

all the above happens with medisoft. it asks for OH registration if i open OH, but also asks for Medisoft registration without OH.