Medicare Group NPI

Technical problems with Medisoft.
afc

Medicare Group NPI

Post by afc » Wed Sep 07, 2016 10:47 am

When I send my medicare claims to Office Ally the NPI for the rendering provider is showing in box 33a not the group NPI. The problem began about a month ago. Prior to that it used the group NPI. I haven't made any changes to revenue management or to Medisoft. I'm not sure what caused the change to occur. I have been billing since October 2015 with no issues and then I started getting rejected. I can go to the claim fix section on Office Ally and correct the claims but it adds additional time to the processing of the claims as well as being annoying to correct each and every Medicare claim that I bill. :wink:

Thanks for all the help,
Jan Ingram

Gavin Walker

Re: Medicare Group NPI

Post by Gavin Walker » Thu Sep 08, 2016 9:56 am

Hi Jan, go to the Provider IDs grid and make sure the entry for Medicare is set to file the claim as a group and then in the Practice IDs grid make sure the entry for Medicare has the group NPI. If there are multiple entries in the grid that could match, either delete them or set them up the same way. Take care!
Gavin Walker
Walker Tek Solutions, LLC
417-890-6777 x0
fax: 417-763-6386

afc

Re: Medicare Group NPI

Post by afc » Fri Sep 09, 2016 11:13 am

Thanks Gavin. I made the changes under medicare insurance and put in the group npi. I'm not sure why it started billing with the other npi as I haven't made any changes to the system. I will let you know if that didn't work! :-)