Claim notes

Technical problems with Medisoft.
TCB

Claim notes

Post by TCB » Sat Aug 20, 2016 12:00 pm

Is there a report available that actually prints the text of the claim notes? I have exported all the data of medisoft to Access 2010 and tried to find the actual text of the claim notes in all the files available for export and cannot. Can you give me some insight on this?

Thanks

Gavin Walker

Re: Claim notes

Post by Gavin Walker » Mon Aug 22, 2016 10:45 am

The Claim Note field is an 80 character field. Nothing special about that. I assume you must be talking about the Claim Comment or the Transaction Note fields which have a data type of Memo.

To view those fields in Access, position your cursor over a memo field that has something in it and press Shift-F2 to pull up the contents of the memo field in a Zoom box. If the field actually has something in it, Access displays the field slightly different. Just make sure you are looking at a record that you know has something in the memo and you'll see the difference. It has been a while since I have worked with Access, so I forget exactly how the display is changed.
Gavin Walker
Walker Tek Solutions, LLC
417-890-6777 x0
fax: 417-763-6386

TCB

Post by TCB » Mon Aug 22, 2016 11:32 am

I need to produce a report patients with claims notes. Tried to do this with the custom report feature but no luck. I found a field titled claims note and comment but nothing prints using custom reports. I have been able to export the data directly from the Advantage database table where I actually see the comments in the comments field, then exported that table to an excel file and sorted those cases with comments to the top. I can see 1853 patients and the comments. I guess this is a start. Thought there must be a easier way to do this. Appreciate your help.

Gavin Walker

Post by Gavin Walker » Tue Aug 23, 2016 12:41 pm

Well, is it a transaction note? If it is type "internal" that note is suppressed from most reports. Try one of the other note types.

TCB

Post by TCB » Tue Aug 23, 2016 2:24 pm

Thanks Gavin, it is a transaction note.