Revenue Management Reports not working

Technical problems with Medisoft.
Post Reply
Jennifer
Posts: 24
Joined: Tue Jun 21, 2011 11:05 am

Revenue Management Reports not working

Post by Jennifer » Mon Aug 01, 2016 5:14 pm

In one of my practices, i had two 835 reports that would automatically populate over and over again. It would not stop. The pop up error message box says: Xceed.Filesystem.itemsReadOnlyExpcetion: Cannot perform the requested operation on an item that has the read-only attribute. Type Xceed.FileSystem.Diskfile
FullName C:\Medidata\Rmdata|CCPT\Archive\Download\345609124_ERA_835_5010_20160702{1}.835
I went to that file and deleted all the files there. But then when i tried to open RM Reports, it says File Reports.exe not found.
I went to my recycle and restored those file, but still having the same issue.
Now I cannot access RM reports in any of my practices. I have updated RM and told I am up to date.
Any suggestions?
thank you.

User avatar
Gavin Walker
Posts: 4196
Joined: Wed Apr 04, 2007 10:11 pm
Location: Springfield, MO
Contact:

Re: Revenue Management Reports not working

Post by Gavin Walker » Tue Aug 02, 2016 10:49 am

Try right-clicking on the file, go to properties, and make sure Read-Only is unchecked.
Gavin Walker
Walker Tek Solutions, LLC
866-890-6777
417-890-6777

Jennifer
Posts: 24
Joined: Tue Jun 21, 2011 11:05 am

Re: Revenue Management Reports not working

Post by Jennifer » Tue Aug 02, 2016 1:45 pm

Read only is not checked in the file name above.
Properties for MediData file does say Read only. I uncheck it and apply changes, but it returns to read only.

User avatar
Gavin Walker
Posts: 4196
Joined: Wed Apr 04, 2007 10:11 pm
Location: Springfield, MO
Contact:

Re: Revenue Management Reports not working

Post by Gavin Walker » Tue Aug 02, 2016 2:17 pm

Try right-clicking on the Medisoft icon and select "Run as administrator" to start it and see if that helps.

Jennifer
Posts: 24
Joined: Tue Jun 21, 2011 11:05 am

Re: Revenue Management Reports not working

Post by Jennifer » Tue Aug 02, 2016 2:29 pm

No. Still comes up with the File Reports.exe not found.
I just dont understand how removing those files lost this whole thing! Thought i was being so smart!

User avatar
Gavin Walker
Posts: 4196
Joined: Wed Apr 04, 2007 10:11 pm
Location: Springfield, MO
Contact:

Re: Revenue Management Reports not working

Post by Gavin Walker » Wed Aug 03, 2016 12:06 pm

I think maybe you had 2 things working against you. The other issue is your anti-virus has turned against Revenue Management and quarantined a key file - Reports.exe. To fix this, set your anti-virus not to scan \Medisoft\Bin and MediData and then reinstall your version of Medisoft with the latest hot fix. You may need to disable your anti-virus entirely during the install and you'll have to do a Revenue Management Check for Updates again.

Jennifer
Posts: 24
Joined: Tue Jun 21, 2011 11:05 am

Re: Revenue Management Reports not working

Post by Jennifer » Tue Aug 16, 2016 2:05 pm

You the man! I am up and running again. Thank you very much.

Post Reply