Two new problems with RM. Related?

Technical problems with Medisoft.
prosete

Two new problems with RM. Related?

Post by prosete » Tue Jun 28, 2016 3:27 pm

(1) After clearing and archiving downloaded files, every next attempt I make at running RM to send another claim I first get the pop-up box indicating I still have files to be archived and asking if I want to archive them first. Knowing there are no files left to archive, I still click OK and then I get the claim management window allowing me to Check Claims and then Send them without further problems. This is now a consistent message I get despite there being no files left to archive.

I tried twice to rebuild all indexes hoping to clear this problem but I'm now getting yet another error message telling me the rebuild index routine failed to rebuild the index for file MWECR.

then...

(2) Each time I run Get Reports thru RM, I get the message telling me I cannot run Reports until I first set up Security and to go to the Security routine under Files to set it up. Now I already have set up Security with the proper passwords and have run MS for several years since RM was first introduced. Just to make sure, I have gone back and reconfigured the Security file with the necessary passwords which I use to open MS without problems. The Security routine works fine each time I open MS. Yet this error message keeps popping up preventing me from running Reports.

Are these 2 problems related? What else can I try?

Using MS Advanced Single User v19 SP1 with the latest RM and Claims Editor Update file versions in place.

Gavin Walker

Re: Two new problems with RM. Related?

Post by Gavin Walker » Tue Jun 28, 2016 4:59 pm

It sounds like you need a Medisoft database repair (currently $300) if you can't rebuild indexes. You can try restoring a backup and hopefully you don't have to go back too far. Run a current backup first before attempting the restore just in case.
Gavin Walker
Walker Tek Solutions, LLC
417-890-6777 x0
fax: 417-763-6386

prosete

Re: Two new problems with RM. Related?

Post by prosete » Fri Sep 23, 2016 12:16 pm

Well, several RM and CE updates later, after the most recent set of updates yesterday involving both RM and CE, the problem I first noted in (1) above has been resolved, all on its own. Problem under (2) regarding the security issues seems to have also been resolved all on its own after one of the routine updates. Figure it out.