Medisoft 12 not sending loop 2010ab sec id

Technical problems with Medisoft.
Jerry

Medisoft 12 not sending loop 2010ab sec id

Post by Jerry » Tue Aug 18, 2009 9:35 am

I downloaded and installed the edi update from the site. Other issues were fixed, but now I am not getting the pay to provider secondary ID is not making it over to the electronic claim. My software seems to be set up correctly.

I am using AVAP to transmit claims.

Suggestions?

jswindell
Site Admin

Post by jswindell » Tue Aug 18, 2009 4:34 pm

Have you installed Advantage 8.1? Advantage 8.1 must be installed first before anything else will work if you are running Medisoft Network Pro.

J.D.

Gavin Walker

Post by Gavin Walker » Wed Aug 19, 2009 9:24 am

Hi Jerry, there is an update to the module here: LINK REMOVED

There is nothing in the release notes about the secondary provider id though. We have not posted that out to our website because we heard some of the modules were removed from the latest module install.

I checked the documentation for the AVAP module and it is supposed to send the secondary ID for group practices only. To get this to send, you must do one of the following:

1. Claim Provider -> Default Group ID -> Provider Class -> National ID must contain your Group NPI. AND File -> Practice Information -> Federal Tax ID must be filled in.

OR

2. Claim Insurance Carrier -> Practice ID field contains NPI:<your> then the Practice Federal Tax ID mentioned above will be sent.

OR

3. I can't remember if this option was in version 12. If the Claim Insurance Carrier -> NPI Only checkbox is checked, then the Practice Federal Tax ID is sent.

You didn't mention if this was Illinois Medicaid, but if it is, there are instructions to send another secondary provider ID.

The old Medisoft knowledgebase is completely gone now, so I removed the link.
Gavin Walker
Walker Tek Solutions, LLC
417-890-6777 x0
fax: 417-763-6386