Conversion Failed, Can't Access Other Practices

Technical problems with Medisoft.
JToner

Conversion Failed, Can't Access Other Practices

Post by JToner » Fri Jun 03, 2016 10:50 am

TL;DR of the situation: Had v12 on old computer, bought a new computer for ICD10 and purchased v20 and started from scratch with new practices, ran two systems simultaneously.

I work for a billing company, so we handle multiple practices in one Medisoft. Since almost all AR is reconciled, I wanted to stop using the old computer and figured I would just make a backup and restore the old data into practices in my v20 for ease of access. I went to do that today and the conversion failed for reasons I now see here on the forum. That's fine, I can continue running the old computer for whenever I need to access the old files until I have time to do the v19 conversion, then v 20. The problem, though, is that now I can't get back into any other practices. Each time I try to open v20, it attempts to convert the data again, fails, gives me the error and then Medisoft closes. How do I open Medisoft in one of my new practices so that I can access them again?

Thanks so much!

Gavin Walker

Re: Conversion Failed, Can't Access Other Practices

Post by Gavin Walker » Fri Jun 03, 2016 12:36 pm

Press and hold the F7 key when you start Medisoft. You will be prompted for the MediData root folder. Just browse to your MediData folder or share and you will be presented with the list of practices again. Select one of the other practices, and then Medisoft will attempt to convert that one if it hasn't already done so. If you don't intend to fix that other data set, then you can delete it from the list of practices once you have logged into a practice data set to prevent accidentally selecting it again and getting stuck like you are now.Depending on your program option settings, Medisoft should have saved a backup of the data from before the conversion attempt in case you want to have the data repaired.
Gavin Walker
Walker Tek Solutions, LLC
417-890-6777 x0
fax: 417-763-6386

JToner

Post by JToner » Fri Jun 03, 2016 2:35 pm

Thanks Gavin!

When I navigate to the Medidata folder, the practices are listed but they are only folders, with a udata folder inside and no Medisoft database options. Could they be somewhere else?

Gavin Walker

Post by Gavin Walker » Fri Jun 03, 2016 5:58 pm

No, you don't navigate to the practice data folder. You navigate to the MediData ROOT folder. It should be looking for the file MWDBlist in there.Take care, it causes problems if you create a new MediData root folder inside of a practice folder.