Error 5159

Technical problems with Medisoft.
NewHopeChiropractic

Error 5159

Post by NewHopeChiropractic » Fri Aug 14, 2009 1:04 pm

I keep getting an error message when I try to creat a text file:

tblPINS: Error 5159; Error encountered when trying to open a database table. The table is a datebase table, it cannot be opened as a free table.

Can anyone help me?

Gavin Walker

Post by Gavin Walker » Fri Aug 14, 2009 3:24 pm

Hi there. You have data corruption but you might be able to fix this yourself. The error indicates that you have a problem with your PINS grid (the PINS tab on your provider and insurance carriers).

If you browse on your C: drive you will find a folder called Medisoft\\Bin. Depending on your version of Windows, sometimes this is under \\Program Files\\Medisoft\\Bin.

You should find an application called MediUtils under this folder. Double click on it to run it.

On the left side, select Repair Practice Utility. Make sure you have the correct utility selected. Some of these utilities are very long running processes that cannot be stopped.

Click OK. You will be prompted to make a backup. It is strongly suggested you make a new backup.

When the process finishes running, you should find a new log file was generated in the Medisoft\\Bin folder with a name starting with \"RepairData\". Note all of the tables that the utility repaired. Those tables will have lost all their data. You should see that MWPINS was repaired.

Assuming I was right about your PINS table being corrupt, you will need to reenter all of your legacy pins again that you need to bill with. Any other tables that were fixed will need their data re-entered if necessary.

If you need the data recovered, you will need to work with a VAR to get that done. They will need the backup you made above, as well as your current set of data.
Gavin Walker
Walker Tek Solutions, LLC
417-890-6777 x0
fax: 417-763-6386