Copy Data Tables Error

Technical problems with Medisoft.
cborders

Copy Data Tables Error

Post by cborders » Mon Aug 10, 2009 11:22 pm

We are receiving the following error: \"Running Copy Data Tables requires all other users to exit these two practices.\" when we try to run the Copy Data Tables Utility from MedUtils.exe.

We have made sure No users are in the system. I've stopped and started the ADS Service.

As the utility starts it tries to validate exclusive lock to all the files first in the Source Provider. When it gets to the MWLPM file, the error pops up.

I've tried using different Source Providers with the same result.

We are using Network Professional Version 15(15.0.2.116)

Gavin Walker

Post by Gavin Walker » Tue Aug 11, 2009 3:39 pm

First there are serious bugs in Medisoft v15. You should install v15 sp1 (15.1.2.205) as soon as you can.

The next step to resolve your error is to find and delete any Advantage .LOK files that you can find.

First, exit all your Medisoft, Office Hours, and Work Administrator and then shut down the Advantage Database server. Now from the Advantage Server machine Right Click on Start -> Click Search or Find

Set Look In field to Local Hard Drives

In the File Name Field type .LOK

Then click Search.

If any files are found, highlight the files and then press the Delete Key.
Gavin Walker
Walker Tek Solutions, LLC
417-890-6777 x0
fax: 417-763-6386

cborders

Post by cborders » Tue Aug 11, 2009 6:10 pm

Thanks for the tips Gavin! I'll get sp1 installed right away, if I can find it. I'm looking on Medisoft's web site and don't see it.

UPDATE

Just found your post with link to Medisoft Core V15 SP1. Downloading now, will install tonight and test. I'll let you know how it goes.

cborders

Post by cborders » Sat Aug 15, 2009 9:49 am

We installed v15 sp1 today. Not sure we should have. A practice analysis report runs forever, as in, it never finishes! And I still get the same error when trying to copy Data Tables.

v15 has been such a pain in the butt for our company. I can't believe Medisoft released this crap and charged us for it.

Login and Global User routines are so buggy, it boggles my mind that they released it.

And what happened to the login audit reports?

Sorry such a negative post, but I am so frustrated with Medisoft, I'm ready for a new software vendor.

Gavin Walker

Post by Gavin Walker » Sun Aug 16, 2009 3:26 pm

If you go to Reports -> Medisoft Reports you should find a new report called Practice Analysis (with Practice Totals). This report runs a lot faster. I am a little puzzled why they don't just run this report off the menu.

Hey you are right about the Login Audit report is missing. I have the ability to write this report, but I charge $150 to write a custom report. If you purchased your Medisoft from us, I'll write the report for you for free.

cborders

Post by cborders » Mon Aug 17, 2009 8:51 am

The report is there as you say, however, it will not finish. It starts creating pages and just hangs. The Practice Analysis report without totals runs fine. Any ideas?

We've had an account for many years and this particular doc has hired an MA. I've created the new account and would like to bring over MWPAT, DAI PRO INS PHY RPH ZIP, etc. We've always used MedUtils for this sort of thing, but we are getting this error as mentioned in first post. v15sp1 did not resolve this issue. I tried removing all the .lok files as well, to no avail. Can I use ARC to do this one table at a time? Is that all that MedUtils does with a little script?

Gavin Walker

Post by Gavin Walker » Mon Aug 17, 2009 9:43 am

It is something in the way they calculate the Practice Grand total in the new report. Prior to this release you had the option on whether the grand total was calculated or not. My guess is you were running the report without the grand total at the end. Try comparing the reports against the tutorial data set and you'll see what I mean.

Try running the MediUtils function \"Reset Accounting\". I think that will get you what you want.

cborders

Post by cborders » Tue Aug 18, 2009 12:30 am

Ok, in the last version, we were getting totals on our Practice Analysis reports. That's one reason we were so disappointed with v15. We have to add up the numbers and write the total in for our customers. Just a little tacky! I was able to get the totals to work in the \"Tutorial Data Set\", just not in any of our 20 data sets.

As for Copy data tables, I made a backup of my source account. Ran the Reset Accounting as you suggested. Then copy data tables from my source account to destination. Looks like most of the data came across fine except for MWDIA. Not sure why these codes did not make the trip. The MWPRO data came over fine. Just have my girls re-enter these codes as we go along. I then restored the source from the previous backup.

Sure seems like a goofy way to go about things. I wish they would iron out some of these issues.

I sure appreciate this forum. I've gotten more help here from you (Gavin) and others than I ever have from the makers of Medisoft over the past 15+ years. Guess we need to start buying from you from now on, eh?

Gavin Walker

Re:

Post by Gavin Walker » Tue Aug 18, 2009 8:46 am

cborders wrote:Ok, in the last version, we were getting totals on our Practice Analysis reports.
How long are you letting the report run? I think the total will calculate, it is just the report is still slower than it was on version 14.
cborders wrote:Looks like most of the data came across fine except for MWDIA.
The copy data tables will not copy any code that came from Codes on Disk. You must reinstall the codes from Codes on Disk to the new data set. The same is true for the MWPRO table if you have any codes that came from Codes on Disk.
cborders wrote:I sure appreciate this forum. I've gotten more help here from you (Gavin) and others than I ever have from the makers of Medisoft over the past 15+ years. Guess we need to start buying from you from now on, eh?
:D :D :D

cborders

Post by cborders » Tue Aug 18, 2009 11:04 pm

I let the report run for about 10 minutes before I got a totals page. Then I tried to print it without success. It acts like it is trying to regenerate the report all over again. It will print 2 pages then an error (Timeout) page. Even if it printed correctly, it would be 20 minutes per report. That puts me at about 7 hours to print our Docs Practice Analysis reports every month. YUK!

We have never used Codes on Disk. But it sounds interesting. How much is it?

cborders

Post by cborders » Tue Aug 18, 2009 11:22 pm

I just picked a smaller account and got the report to run with totals and actually print. However, Payments come to $1,595.44 and the total for Payments shows $10,864.59. None of the totals seem to jive. The Net Effect on Accounts Receivable does reconcile.

Gavin Walker

Post by Gavin Walker » Wed Aug 19, 2009 8:47 am

Just to be sure, you are running the version of the report found under Reports -> Medisoft Reports and running the one named Practice Analysis (with Totals). The one found under Reports -> Analysis Reports -> Practice Analysis still has the error that you described. This one recalculates the last page every time you page to it or print. The one under Medisoft Reports is supposed to be fixed.

Gavin Walker

Post by Gavin Walker » Wed Aug 19, 2009 2:15 pm

I was just in contact with the person that developed the Practice Analysis Report (with Totals) report. It appears that the report that was supposed to be included with Medisoft v15 sp1 is missing from most people's installs. Your VAR should have access to that report and be able to provide that to you.

Gavin Walker

Post by Gavin Walker » Wed Aug 19, 2009 2:59 pm

This knowledgebase article should get you the updated reports: LINK REMOVED

I thought they were supposed to be on Medisoft v15 sp1, but apparently they were not.

The old Medisoft knowledgebase is completely gone now, so I removed the link.

cborders

Post by cborders » Sat Aug 22, 2009 6:05 pm

Thank you. I was able to get the updated reports. A Practice Analysis report with totals now takes seconds to run and print on even our biggest accounts.