Data Set Name has been removed

Technical problems with Medisoft.
mmonte

Data Set Name has been removed

Post by mmonte » Mon Apr 04, 2016 1:57 pm

In the title bar I am show 'Data Set Name has been removed'. I have ran File management to re-index. I Am also receiveing an error 'Revenue management can only be started from inside Medisoft'. Not sure if they are related any help to help fix the would be appreciated.

Gavin Walker

Re: Data Set Name has been removed

Post by Gavin Walker » Mon Apr 04, 2016 4:24 pm

Hi, you'll need to work with your Medisoft Support to correct this. Have a great day!
Gavin Walker
Walker Tek Solutions, LLC
417-890-6777 x0
fax: 417-763-6386

ExpertSkinDoc

Re: Data Set Name has been removed

Post by ExpertSkinDoc » Wed Apr 11, 2018 3:29 pm

2 solutions to fix 'Data Set Name has been removed':
1) if you're comfortable with Advantage Data Architect, double click on MWDBList.adt, fill in your practice name and the path of your medisoft dataset. For me, the path of my dataset is \\<server>\MEDIDATA\<dataset path>.
2) create a new link to your dataset by File/Open practice..., click New. In the dialog box 'Create a new set of data', enter your practice name and where it says 'Enter the data path', enter your <dataset path> after the grayed out portion of your root path. For me, the grayed out portion of the root path is \\<server>\MEDIDATA\.

Error 'Revenue Management can only be started form inside Medisoft' must mean you had clicked Revenue Management from Windows Menu or the stand alone program, wouldn't work with the newer version, starting with Version 21 I believe. Gotta start fresh, delete all links to stand alone Revenue Management program. You have to start Revenue Management from within Medisoft by clicking Actitivies/Revenue Management/Revenue Management...