More Problems with Patient Intake Form

Technical problems with Medisoft.
mbpros

More Problems with Patient Intake Form

Post by mbpros » Sat Mar 12, 2016 7:56 am

So I was able to get info to go to the Pending Patients List in Medisoft using the Mobile Patient Intake Form. But I think the design may be flawed. If the idea is for a new patient to complete this form in the office, here's the problem I see. When I edit the patient on the Pending Patients List, I see all info...and I can then enter the patient's ID # and Group # (not sure why those fields are not part of the Intake Form for the new patient to complete).

But when I try to Save the form to create the patient on the Patient List, it says you must create a new case or select an existing case. But you cannot create a new case for the patient from the Pending Patient List...and you cannot create a case without first creating the patient...

So how do you save this info from the Pending Patient List so as to create a patient and then allow a case to be created?? What am I missing?

In addition, I tried the Auto Add feature where you can quickly add a patient in Mobile...I added the patient and saved...and save the patient in Mobile, but when you click Add Charges, the Mobile app closed (and the patient does not make it into Medisoft). Am I doing something wrong with this feature...or is another design defect in Mobile??

Steve
Steven Zats
Medical Billing Professionals

mbpros

Re: More Problems with Patient Intake Form

Post by mbpros » Thu Mar 17, 2016 11:37 am

Any help with the Add Patient feature not working and with the Patient Intake form problems?
Steven Zats

Gavin Walker

Post by Gavin Walker » Thu Mar 17, 2016 3:44 pm

When new patients complete the intake process and submit the data over to Medisoft's Pending Patient screen and you go in and edit the record, you should be able to right-click the "Case" field in the bottom left corner of the pending patient window and select "New Case." This will open a screen that lets you enter a description for the case. Click "Save" and a new case will be created.

It's worth noting a case number won't be assigned at the time you right-click and select "New Case" but it will allow you to click "Save" afterwards to save the new patient's intake information and a case number will then be generated. You can also do this for existing patients if you prefer to start a new case with the patient's intake information.
Gavin Walker
Walker Tek Solutions, LLC
417-890-6777 x0
fax: 417-763-6386

mbpros

Post by mbpros » Fri Mar 18, 2016 6:15 am

Thanks....What about the Quick Add feature in Mobile....If I go under Settings, and toggle for the Quick Add so it is on...and then go back to Add a Patient quickly, the patient appears to be saved. What I am doing is going to Search, then Add Patient. I enter the patient's basic info and click Done. I then see the patient's name under the Add Charges.If I click Add Charges, it causes Mobile to close. When I get back into Mobile and search for the patient, the patient is not there. Is this a flaw with the Quick Add feature...or am I doing something wrong?
Steven Zats

Gavin Walker

Post by Gavin Walker » Fri Apr 01, 2016 12:40 pm

It seems the Quick Add feature is a common thread among users that have trouble with Medisoft Mobile crashing. Both on iPad and Android tablet. Also, did you customize the templates XML/HTML files? Try copying them out and let the application recreate the defaults to see if that fixes anything. If you still have trouble let me know if you are using iPad or Android.

mbpros

Post by mbpros » Fri Apr 01, 2016 12:48 pm

I did not customize the templates (only custom superbills)....and I'm using an iPad.

Steve
Steven Zats