Technical problems with Medisoft.
hnl394

Medisoft v20 Freezing on Claim Submission

Post by hnl394 » Sat Feb 20, 2016 8:40 pm

Medisoft Network Pro v. 20.0.2.68
Advantage 11.10.0.24
Server: Windows Server 2012 R2
Clients: Windows 7 Professional SP1

Recently when submitting claims using Claims Management and Revenue Management after sending the claim the Claims Management window freezes and does not update the status of the claim. The mapa.exe application freezes, and can only be exited using Ctrl+Alt+Del. We are able to move to different windows, like Transaction Entry, and switch to a different database, but the application can't be actually closed.

This appears to be an issue across all databases, and only seems to be occurring on the client workstations, everything seems to be running and functioning normally if done on the server itself. I have checked file shares and firewall settings and those don't appear to be at issue at all. We have also attempted to fully uninstall ADS from the server and reinstalling, but that doesn't appear to have made a difference. We also fully uninstalled Medisoft from one of the clients and reinstalled to see if that would resolve the issues.

Any additional thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated! Thanks!

Andrew

Re: Medisoft v20 Freezing on Claim Submission

Post by Andrew » Mon Feb 22, 2016 9:41 am

Revenue Management may need to be re installed.
Andrew Analla
Support Team
MedTech Medical Management Systems
3058 S Delaware Ave
Springfield, MO 65804
Ph: 417.890.6777 | Fax: 417.890.6788

hnl394

Post by hnl394 » Mon Feb 22, 2016 7:27 pm

Hi Andrew,

Thank you for your reply. I just tried uninstalling and reinstalling Medisoft (including Revenue Management) on our server and now it seems that the problem is also on the server now. We did apply the recent Hotfix that was put out to bring Medisoft up to v20.0.3.71 in hopes that that would help and that doesn't seem to have resolved the issue at all. We have ensured that all of the workstations are running the most up-to-date version of Revenue Management that is available through the update application, v3.1914.15293.382. One thing that I have noticed is that even after closing all of the Revenue Management windows there are two processes that seem to stay open on all workstations, reports.exe and RevenueManager.exe. I'm assuming that these may be the items that are causing the issues with the Claims Management window hanging. Just like mapa.exe, both of the processes tied to Revenue Management need to be force closed through the Task Manager to get them to go away.

After I uninstalled Medisoft and the other bundled applications I renamed the Medisoft folder to Medisoft.old to try get rid of it, but still keep it. I also ran a CCleaner scan to try clean up anything else that the program may have left behind to clean things up.

Any thoughts? Could it be a dysfunctional Revenue Management update? Thanks!

Gavin Walker

Post by Gavin Walker » Tue Feb 23, 2016 1:53 pm

First, let Revenue Management run for a good while just to make sure it isn't just taking a long time (try running for an hour).

Next, backup your data and then pack all data and rebuild all indexes in File -> File Maintenance to see if that fixes it.
Gavin Walker
Walker Tek Solutions, LLC
417-890-6777 x0
fax: 417-763-6386

hnl394

Post by hnl394 » Thu Feb 25, 2016 10:54 pm

We have let Revenue Mgmt run, backed up, packed and rebuilt to no avail. Do you have any further suggestions? Thanks

Gavin Walker

Post by Gavin Walker » Fri Feb 26, 2016 2:03 pm

Anyone else in Medisoft at the time? Get everyone else out and make sure you don't have any patients, cases, or transaction entry open when you run Revenue Management. Stop all interfaces that you might have running.

prosete

Post by prosete » Tue May 31, 2016 9:06 pm

I use MS v19 Advanced Single User and had a problem related to having both Reports.exe and Revenue Management.exe running under Processes after closing all MS and RM windows, as you did (my problem was I could not update RM at all or run Get Reports while these two processes were running). So, manually removing these processes solved my problem and I was able to update RM and Get Reports OK...until the next time I ran them and found the same 2 processes running and staying behind under Processes. So, for the time being, I manually delete both processes whenever I run RM and close MS.

I have no clue why this is happening. Either they are supposed to stay behind running but not interfere with updating RM - or - they are not supposed to stay behind running in the background after I exit both MS and RM.

Who knows?

Gavin Walker

Post by Gavin Walker » Wed Jun 01, 2016 6:13 pm

Could these processes be displaying on a secondary monitor that was disconnected?

johnthebaptist

Post by johnthebaptist » Thu Dec 15, 2016 2:28 pm

Having the same issue =on Windows 7 Professional. Medisoft v20.0.3.71 hangs after submitting claims. To me it seems as though a file is locked and can't proceed because it can't unlock the file because it's still "in use". Using a single user local desktop version of Medisoft

johnthebaptist

Post by johnthebaptist » Thu Dec 15, 2016 4:23 pm

More information on my situation. Despite the Revenue Management window being closed, the process remains operative in the task manager. Ending the program process in the task manager allows Medisoft program to function as it should. Apparently even when I close the window as normal, the process remains active not allowing Claim management to function in Medisoft.

johnthebaptist

Post by johnthebaptist » Thu Dec 15, 2016 4:59 pm

I seem to have come up to a cure for this problem. Instead of using the X in the right hand corner of the reports window, close the window by selecting File (uppper left) and select "Exit". This seems to exit the revenue management program properly.

mbpros

Post by mbpros » Fri Dec 16, 2016 4:35 am

I had a similar issue and found that exiting from the File Menu was the solution. I then found that the program causing my RM to freeze was Team Viewer which I had loaded on my desktop. If I closed out Team Viewer via Task Manager, RM would not freeze. If I would enable Team Viewer so it was running as a background process, then RM would freeze.

Steve
Steven Zats
Medical Billing Professionals

johnthebaptist

Post by johnthebaptist » Mon Dec 19, 2016 1:43 pm

I found the same with Team Viewer, but it was running as a process in the background. Ending team view also allowed me to exit reports using the "X" in the right hand corner to terminate reports with no issue.

mbpros

Post by mbpros » Fri Jan 06, 2017 6:52 pm

I fooled around with the options for Team Viewer under Advanced and now I can run Team Viewer AND Medisoft is working fine without freezing up.
Steven Zats
Medical Billing Professionals