Conversion Stops at 'Setting defaults for practice table'

Technical problems with Medisoft.
Dustin

Conversion Stops at 'Setting defaults for practice table'

Post by Dustin » Mon Aug 03, 2009 11:57 am

Awhile back I ran into this issue when converting from Medisoft v11 to Medisoft v12 OR Medisoft v11 to Medisoft v14... Though it is certainly possible it can happen with other versions. I wanted to share the solution because I have yet to find anyone else that has fixed this issue so simply, and have had several clients with this issue. Though it seems to pop up 1 in every 100 or so conversions... So its very rare.

Anyways, you will find that the conversion will stop at \"Setting Defaults for Practice Table\" and that the progress bar's may read 46% & 43% respectively.

Sortly after it stops at that point you receive an error: \"cpQryConvert: Error 7200: AQE Error: State = S0000; NativeError = 2124; [Extended Systems][Advantage SQL Engine]Invalid operand for operator: <assignment> Boolean value is not assignment compatible with non-Boolean value. -- Location of error in the SQL statement is: 37\"

The program then gives a message that says, \"Conversion did not complete successfully\".

Finally, When you reopen Medisoft and try to reconvert the data the conversion fails.

Initially I thought it was data corruption, so i ran File Maintenance on a backup of the Data from Medisoft v11 and retried... I had the same problem. So then I checked the data for corruption using ARC32, I checked all the usual spots that corruption turns up AND even checked the MWPRA table because the error seemed to be related to the table that contains all the Practice information. I found that there was no corruption anywhere, and that there was no missing information that could cause this.

So I opened a backup of the data in Medisoft v11 and went \"File\" > \"Practice Information\" to see if there was anything unusual. I didnt find anything unusual but clicked \"Save\" anyways.... When I tried to convert the data again, the conversion worked.

Long story short, I then went through a long series of tests to determine If really clicking \"Save\" would fix the issue even if no data had been changed. In the end, every time I clicked save, It did not matter if i changed anything or not, the conversion would be successful. Every time I did not open the Practice Information and click save, the conversion would fail.

I hope that at least a few people find this helpful,
Dustin

Gavin Walker

Post by Gavin Walker » Mon Aug 03, 2009 7:29 pm

Some older databases may not have had the Billing Service information tab filled out. When you click save on Practice Information it actually saves a blank Billing Service record. Anyway, this might possible be what you were running into.
Gavin Walker
Walker Tek Solutions, LLC
417-890-6777 x0
fax: 417-763-6386