Password Change and Revenue Management connection?

Technical problems with Medisoft.
Dsnooky

Password Change and Revenue Management connection?

Post by Dsnooky » Mon Jan 11, 2016 2:16 pm

Good Afternoon
It is time to change all passwords for Medisoft log in. I did that but now revenue management will not open for anyone being logged in with their new passwords. I re-added an old one I used before this change and this is the only one that will let us into Revenue management. What do I need to do in revenue management for new log in's/passwords for Medisoft? Thank you for your assistance.

Gavin Walker

Re: Password Change and Revenue Management connection?

Post by Gavin Walker » Mon Jan 11, 2016 9:42 pm

Did everyone's password change because their password expired?

The work around is to manually change the password in Medisoft by using the following steps;

1. Click on File then Security Setup
2. Select the user that is affected and select edit
3. Enter the new password and confirm, then save and close
4. Log back into Medisoft using the new password
5. Log into Revenue Management
Gavin Walker
Walker Tek Solutions, LLC
417-890-6777 x0
fax: 417-763-6386

Dsnooky

Post by Dsnooky » Tue Jan 12, 2016 7:52 pm

Yes all passwords expired.
I re-did the passwords following your directions and all is good.
Thank you for your assistance.

nmcapp22

Re: Password Change and Security Setup?

Post by nmcapp22 » Mon Sep 19, 2016 12:57 pm

I set up a separate login and password with the drop-down menu Security Setup in Medisoft Advanced v17 and now the username/pw is expired. I cannot log into the data set any other way, because I have a single-user contract. I keep getting the Warning: This security login has expired. Is there any way around this without the backdoor technicians?

Gavin Walker

Post by Gavin Walker » Mon Sep 19, 2016 2:21 pm

You can turn this off by going to File -> Login/Password Management and clicking Reset to Defaults.

mleder

Post by mleder » Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:34 am

i am having this same problem "Security login has expired". I can't do what you said above, because I can't click file until I am in this account? It won't let me open the practice at all? Any other way to get this to work?

Gavin Walker

Post by Gavin Walker » Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:25 am

Hi, this was a bug in Medisoft v19 that was fixed on v20. The issue may have been caused while you had v19 because simply upgrading doesn't fix the problem once it has occurred.

To correct this issue go to File -> Security and change your Medisoft password again in there.

If that doesn't correct it, then your Revenue Management practice isn't tied correctly to your Medisoft practice database. So what you can do is delete the practice out of the list in Revenue Management and re-add it. To add the delete practice option to Revenue Management, right-click on the menu toolbar and in there you will find an option to drag the trashcan icon to the toolbar.

mleder

Post by mleder » Wed Feb 07, 2018 11:46 am

my problem is that I cannot even open the practice. Im not sure this has anything to do with my revenue management. Can this happen if you tried the wrong password too many times? (this happened to me yesterday because my number keys were sticking and I didn't know it)? So as I mentioned above, I can't even go in to try to change my password?

Gavin Walker

Post by Gavin Walker » Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:55 am

Yeah, Medisoft will lock you out if you enter the wrong password too many times. The default is 5 times. You can set this feature to up to 99 attempts if you go into Login/Password Management. If you locked yourself out, you may login with another user you have setup with level 1 access to unlock the first user. If you need our help getting into Medisoft, then you can browse here (https://www.walkerteksolutions.com/prod ... l-support/) to purchase our password recovery service.

Jackson01

Post by Jackson01 » Fri Dec 08, 2023 4:58 am

The intersection of password change protocols and revenue management is crucial in fortifying defenses against cyber threats, particularly in the face of UK cyber attacks. Implementing robust password change policies not only safeguards sensitive information but also bolsters revenue management systems. By prioritizing security measures, organizations can mitigate the risks associated with potential breaches and stay resilient in the ever-evolving landscape of UK cyber attacks.