"A"modifier being dropped after submission and saying they are ICD9 codes instead of 10.

Technical problems with Medisoft.
Lushka

"A"modifier being dropped after submission and saying they are ICD9 codes instead of 10.

Post by Lushka » Thu Nov 19, 2015 1:43 pm

Let me see if I can explain this: we are submitting the subluxation codes that are ICD 10 and adding the "A" modifier for "Active care"(all already manually placed in system for our ICD10 code compliance)....then submitting it... It always gets pushed back to us having dropped our "A" modifier and with another explanation form where we have to push a button for "ICD10" signification instead of the "ICD9 " that is now marked (because it has it marked
as ICD9 when it pushes it back to us). Then, we have to go in manually add the "A"modifier at the end of each of the codes , push the button for ICD 10, then resubmit. Then it goes through. Somehow our ICD10 codes are being changed from submission to the clearing house by dropping the "A" and adding that it's ICD9 even though our codes are 10. So You say, can't you do all that BEFORE you submit.... We can't find that particular form anywhere and we already put all ICD10 codes correctly to be effective for after Oct. 1st, since we still need the ICD 9 codes to finish with all earlier billings. And there is no button to push ICD10 vs. ICD9. We have Version 20 Medisoft. When calling the company who sold us Medisoft version 19 along with 20 early, they only want to sell us a support package for $99/month to help with this... After installing medisoft properly... It isn't unusual for us to expect it to work correctly. I thank you in advance for your help with this problem.

Gavin Walker

Re: "A"modifier being dropped after submission and saying they are ICD9 codes instead of 10.

Post by Gavin Walker » Fri Nov 20, 2015 12:57 am

Medisoft will send ICD-9 or ICD-10 depending on service date and ICD-10 cut-over date you setup on the insurance. Usually a modifier is associated with a procedure code rather than the diagnosis code, so I am not sure I follow what it is you are saying. Maybe you can try giving a specific example.
Gavin Walker
Walker Tek Solutions, LLC
417-890-6777 x0
fax: 417-763-6386