Error opening EDI/Eligibility tab (Medisoft v14)

Technical problems with Medisoft.
Dustin

Error opening EDI/Eligibility tab (Medisoft v14)

Post by Dustin » Sun Jun 28, 2009 7:41 pm

When I do the following steps in any practice in Medisoft v14:
1) Go to \"List\" > choose \"Patient guarantor and cases\"

2) Click on any patient with a case

3) Under the Patient's list of cases I double click one to open

4) Click on the \"Policy 1\" tab

5) Press F9 the \"Insurance 1\" field

6) Finally I click on the \"EDI/Eligibility\" tab

I get this long error:
EADSDatabaseError: WorkShared: Error 7200: AQE Error: State = HY000; NativeError = 5159; [Extended Systems][Advantage SQL][ASA] Error 5159: Error encountered when trying to open a database table. The table is a database table. It cannot be opened as a free table. Table name: SubsidiaryEDIConfigurations
(Then down here it shows an SQL query)

NOTE: After this error, I am able to edit the EDI/Eligibility information which does seem to save.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
That seems to be happening in all of my practices, even the ones that did not have this problem.

I tried running file maintenance to see if that would fix it, but it did not... Also I noticed that the table it talks about is not contained in the practice folder. I have not looked to see if it is a global table, which I guess would make since because this seems to be a global issue.

The practices had errors when converting from v12 to v14, so I am a little stumped as to why this is happening... Any ideas?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EDIT:

I found that it is a global table in the root Medidata folder. I tried deleting the SubsidiaryEDIConfigurations tables from the root directory so that Medisoft would just recreate them and while it did recreate them, that did not fix the issue.

Gavin Walker

Post by Gavin Walker » Mon Jun 29, 2009 12:03 am

Dustin, I believe there is an issue with your Medidata root folder. Try printing out your registration codes. Then reinstall Medisoft v14 sp2. Startup Medisoft while holding the F7 key and select your new Medidata root folder. This will recreated your Medidata root files and it should fix the errors you get with Eligibility checking. Recreate your practice folders and restore your practice backups.
Gavin Walker
Walker Tek Solutions, LLC
417-890-6777 x0
fax: 417-763-6386

Dustin

Post by Dustin » Mon Jun 29, 2009 12:48 am

Great, that worked!

I was actually able to copy all of my practice folders into the new Medidata folder along with the mwdblist.adt... It saved me from having to manually restore the practices one out of a time.

Thanks!