Upgraded from 9 to 15. Everything works except some reports

Technical problems with Medisoft.
sudhir

Upgraded from 9 to 15. Everything works except some reports

Post by sudhir » Wed May 20, 2009 6:43 pm

All ten reports above the first dashed line don't work. (Day Sheets onwards) They generate:
tblExlusiveNew: Error 5024: Advantage does not have a connection open with the specified handle. Connection not to the same server.
Same problem exists in tutorial and main practice.

Gavin Walker

Post by Gavin Walker » Thu May 21, 2009 8:50 am

Hmmm, did you migrate your Medidata folder to a new server recently?
Gavin Walker
Walker Tek Solutions, LLC
417-890-6777 x0
fax: 417-763-6386

sudhir

Data was not moved.

Post by sudhir » Thu May 21, 2009 9:16 am

Nothing was changed for last four years. So the version 15 was installed on the same XP box that has been used as the server (only two users actively use it from their XP workstations). There is also a client on that server which got upgraded. The error is generated by the client running on the XP server box. Other clients have not been upgraded yet.
Minor errors were listed in the conversion log for the tutorial company and the same errors were in the main practice conversion log. Everything looks good in the data.

Gavin Walker

Post by Gavin Walker » Thu May 21, 2009 4:09 pm

In C:\\Program Files\\Medisoft\\Bin there is a program called IConvertData.exe. Double click on that file to run the Medisoft Reports Data Conversion Utility again. Notice the Location of data to convert. It should be \\\\<servername>\\<your>\\ReportDefs.

If the location of data is wrong, you need to exit out and restart Medisoft by holding F7 and select the proper Medisoft Root folder. Then re-run the Medisoft Report Data converter again.

If the location is correct, click the convert data button.

Also, I assume you installed Medisoft Network Pro. If you installed another edition of Medisoft or the demo version of Medisoft, that might also explain your error.

sudhir

I will try to convert the reportdefs

Post by sudhir » Thu May 21, 2009 8:20 pm

It appeared that it ran the report conversion after the data conversion for a few seconds but it won't hurt to run it again. I am using the net pro 15. I haven't applied the hotfix or the security patch.
I tried an alternate path of installing on a brand new XP box and there the new tutorial data works fine including the reports. The only thing is that it did ask me to create the reports user before launching the practice analysis report that I am testing with. I thought that user was needed only for the new reporting functionality.

Then I copied the old data over and created a new practice and pointed it to that folder. Now it is crunching through the conversion. Do I lose any old reports in this new process? What is needed to bring over the custom claims formats etc.?

Appreciate your comments. Thanks.

Gavin Walker

Post by Gavin Walker » Fri May 22, 2009 9:34 am

If you had a good backup, then I think the only thing you lost was some custom Focus Reports if you were using that product before.

sudhir

Can't use backup/restore because the format changed from v9

Post by sudhir » Fri May 22, 2009 2:22 pm

We are doing a straight copy of the entire practicedata directory. What does the report conversion look to convert? What is in reportdef as opposed to the UREPORTS subdirectory?
Does the UREPORTS get converted during the file conversion as opposed to the report conversion?
I have made some progress after I name the new machine the same as the old server, and made the sharename the same also. Now I can convert the old tutorial company and everything works in the company. I am going after the 500MB practice now.

Gavin Walker

Re: Can't use backup/restore because the format changed from

Post by Gavin Walker » Fri May 22, 2009 3:31 pm

sudhir wrote:We are doing a straight copy of the entire practicedata directory. What does the report conversion look to convert? What is in reportdef as opposed to the UREPORTS subdirectory?
Does the UREPORTS get converted during the file conversion as opposed to the report conversion?
I have made some progress after I name the new machine the same as the old server, and made the sharename the same also.
It sounds like you did migrate your Medidata folder over to a new server. You can't just copy that over, you have to do a backup and restore process after you have installed and registered Medisoft at the new location.

sudhir

The backup formats are different in v9 and v15

Post by sudhir » Fri May 22, 2009 9:13 pm

I switched to a new server after the in-place upgrade led to problems. That is creating different problems.
I read somewhere that the backup formats changed in V11, and you can't restore a v9 backup in v15. But I will try.
The copying of the directory process did work for two other small companies.
It appears that I may have a bad record in the main practice that is causing Error 5004 when I convert the copied over data.

Gavin Walker

Post by Gavin Walker » Sun May 24, 2009 4:51 pm

Medisoft v15 will read the old backups. You can't go back the other way and restore a v15 backup in older Medisoft.

sudhir

Restored worked but some things don't work.

Post by sudhir » Sun May 24, 2009 6:56 pm

Conversion log showed errors. The practice analysis report for 2009 matches but the claims menu does not work. Probably corrupt data. Looks like I need to hire a data repair expert.