Error 7077 When Adding Second Practice

Technical problems with Medisoft.
johnpalmer

Error 7077 When Adding Second Practice

Post by johnpalmer » Wed May 06, 2009 12:32 pm

Hello, any and all help would be greatly appreciated. I just purchased a new computer and wanted to merely transfer our Medisoft v12 info from one to another. I'm not sure if this is the best way of doing it, but I simply took the backups from the existing computer and did restore backup on the new computer. The main practice goes in fine and all the info is there and up to date. However, when I go to install the second or third practice, when I restore I immediately get a \"error 7077. The Advantage Database Dictionary cannot be opened\".

Very frustrating and I know it is probably just a simply pointing error of the database but I just cannot figure it out. I purchased my program from MedTech a couple of years ago so I decided to try here first. Hope someone can help.

Thanks...

jswindell
Site Admin

Error 7077

Post by jswindell » Wed May 06, 2009 2:44 pm

Hello,
I believe you need to use MediUtils for this process. If you have not done so, use your Windows explorer and type C:\\ProgramFiles\\Medisoft\\Bin
This will open the Medisoft Bin and show a list of files within it.
Double-click on MediUtils.exe to open.
Make sure you select the practice receiving the error if there is more than one in use.
With Medi Utils open, click on Repair Practice Data. Make sure the name of the practice is correct and click OK.
If you already have a backup before opening MediUtils, then you can click Continue w/o backup. If you don't have a backup, then you will want to Backup Data Now.
Click Start to initiate the repair. Hope this helps!

J.D.

jswindell
Site Admin

Error 7077

Post by jswindell » Wed May 06, 2009 2:55 pm

You might also need to produce your backups for the additional practices again.
You need to open the practices and back them up, one at a time. I hope this helps, let us know.

J.D.

johnpalmer

Post by johnpalmer » Thu May 07, 2009 3:40 pm

Thanks for the response J.D.

When I run the medutils program and select the second practice, I get an error that says \"cannot start utility: error opening practice\". Tried several times and still no luck. when I attempt to run the utility with the main practice it runs fine and says no repair needed. I have used several different backups from the old computer, just in case i had a corrupt file but same problem every time.

I'm trying just to transfer Medisoft from an older computer to a new one, am I doing this the right way? Restoring from backups? Seems like I might be doing it the wrong way. Again, any and all help is appreciated.

jswindell
Site Admin

Error 7077

Post by jswindell » Thu May 07, 2009 4:53 pm

Here is a link to an article that should help.

LINK REMOVED

If this doesn't work, feel free to give us a call at our toll-free number.

J.D.

The old Medisoft knowledgebase is completely gone now, so I removed the link. - Gavin

johnpalmer

Post by johnpalmer » Wed May 13, 2009 12:06 pm

I was able to figure out the issue. While doing some surfing on another site I came across someone elses different problem but they solved it with upgrading to SP2.

Turns out I did not realize that my CD install was not SP2 and once I upgraded, like I did with my old computer a while ago, it worked perfectly with no errors. Thanks you for the help and peace of mind knowing I have some guidance to fall back on...