ACCESS VIOLATION

Technical problems with Medisoft.
STRESS

ACCESS VIOLATION

Post by STRESS » Tue Apr 07, 2009 6:04 pm

Out of the blue I will get a access violation (0068e756 in module 'mw.exe.') read address (0590ecde) what is that. Sometimes I cannot exit the patient file when this happens. What is it and how do I make it go away?

Gavin Walker

Post by Gavin Walker » Tue Apr 07, 2009 11:12 pm

Your best bet is to run file maintenance (rebuild indexes and pack files) and see if the error is corrected.
Gavin Walker
Walker Tek Solutions, LLC
417-890-6777 x0
fax: 417-763-6386

judev

Access Violation at address

Post by judev » Mon Jun 15, 2009 11:14 am

Hello
I am getting an \"Access violation at address 005A92D4 in module 'mbackup.exe' Read of address 00BE3FFF whenever I try to do a backup using the medisoft backup function. Help!!! =(

Gavin Walker

Post by Gavin Walker » Tue Jun 16, 2009 8:35 am

There are a number of known issues with the Medisoft backup depending on which version of Medisoft you have. Here are a few I can think of off the top of my head:

1. Older versions of Medisoft had an upper limit on how many files could be in the backup. Some electronic billing modules constantly create temporary files that are never cleaned up. The limit is somewhere around 2,000 files. To correct, move the files that are in the EMC/EDI folders to another location. Delete or move any other folders that don't belong in a Medisoft dataset such as backups of the dataset, etc.

2. Older versions of Medisoft had a size limit of the overall backup file at 2 Gig. I have only seen this happen if you are scanning a lot of large images into Medisoft. The only solution here is to have a VAR purge out some of your old image data, or use a different backup program, or upgrade your Medisoft.

3. Extremely long filenames can cause problems with the backup. I am not sure what the limit is, but I have seen large filenames come back from RelayHealth's electronic billing module and cause problems.

4. File locks or other extra files that don't belong in a Medisoft backup can cause problems. You kind of have to know what you are looking for here.

I hope that gives you something to go on. We offer a nightly backup service that overcomes all of these problems if you need it.
Last edited by Gavin Walker on Wed May 14, 2014 10:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Updated link