Upgrading to Version 15

Technical problems with Medisoft.
Gavin Walker

Post by Gavin Walker » Mon Jun 29, 2009 12:28 am

Thanks Dustin, I first noted the issue to Medisoft on 4/25/09. Medisoft's product manager was researching the issue on 5/12/09. I didn't see the issue fixed on the list of items for Medisoft v15 sp1, but sometimes things get slipped in. I have not retested this issue on v15 sp1 yet. If you discover anything more about the issue, please post back here.

Dustin

Post by Dustin » Mon Jun 29, 2009 12:41 am

I have to say, I think the problem has to do with v14, not v15... More specifically, I think it has something to do with the v14 conversion algorithms..

Anyway, I will keep this thread updated with anything I find or observe..

Medisoft is obviously taking a lot of time to find a solution :(, so i guess it will be up to those of us having the issue to resolve it/ hopefully find the root of the issue.

stefan

Conversion

Post by stefan » Mon Jun 29, 2009 1:24 pm

Yeah I got the conversion to work by changing the dataversion to 26 but the practices do not work. getting closed data set errors.

Creating a new practice is not really a pleasant alternative considering the volume and the spliting of data.

I wonder if we can create a new practice and at least import the main tables mwtrn mwadd mwcla etc... I supposed that would be risky also.

Let me know what you think of if you have time to test.

Dustin

Re: Conversion

Post by Dustin » Mon Jun 29, 2009 1:43 pm

stefan wrote:Yeah I got the conversion to work by changing the dataversion to 26 but the practices do not work. getting closed data set errors.

Creating a new practice is not really a pleasant alternative considering the volume and the spliting of data.

I wonder if we can create a new practice and at least import the main tables mwtrn mwadd mwcla etc... I supposed that would be risky also.

Let me know what you think of if you have time to test.
From what i can remember you can do that with MediUtils...

Also, where are you getting closed dataset errors? When doing what?

Dustin

Post by Dustin » Tue Jun 30, 2009 2:16 am

stefan, What Medisoft are you using? EX: Medisoft v15 Network Professional, or Medisoft v14 Advanced Patient Accounting, etc? Also what operating system are you using?

I had an odd thing happen today. I was installing Medisoft and I installed Advanced accidentally (I had intended to install Medisoft Network Pro).. Anyway, after noticing my mistake I rolled with it anyways because it should not matter. After testing some conversions that would normally fail with this issue we are experiencing, It was successful every single time.

I have not had a chance to do any additional testing yet, but the only other difference was that the system I installed it on was running Windows Vista. Where as before I was using Windows XP. I still need to do a little more testing, but it was an interesting turn out.

Gavin Walker

Post by Gavin Walker » Tue Jun 30, 2009 11:16 am

We have had better luck running most of our conversions with Medisoft Advanced instead of Network Pro. I suspect it is something in the way the conversion code was written and some difference between the single user version of Advantage versus the client/server edition.

Dustin

Re:

Post by Dustin » Tue Jun 30, 2009 12:29 pm

Gavin Walker wrote:We have had better luck running most of our conversions with Medisoft Advanced instead of Network Pro. I suspect it is something in the way the conversion code was written and some difference between the single user version of Advantage versus the client/server edition.
I experienced that when converting from v7 Advanced to v9 Network some years ago. Though, Since then I have not seen it make a difference during a conversion.

It's nice to know that I'm not the only one that has ever experienced the same kind of thing.

Gavin Walker

Post by Gavin Walker » Tue Jun 30, 2009 9:46 pm

OK, I looked at 8 of Stefan's databases and 7 of them were fixed by converting using Medisoft Advanced v15 sp1 AND making sure that Advantage Database Server was stopped on the machine I was running the conversion on.

I then turned my attention to 6 other databases from another source. Those were converting from v11 to v15, but showing the same problem. All six of those were fixed using this procedure.

Dustin

Re:

Post by Dustin » Tue Jun 30, 2009 11:43 pm

Gavin Walker wrote:OK, I looked at 8 of Stefan's databases and 7 of them were fixed by converting using Medisoft Advanced v15 sp1 AND making sure that Advantage Database Server was stopped on the machine I was running the conversion on.

I then turned my attention to 6 other databases from another source. Those were converting from v11 to v15, but showing the same problem. All six of those were fixed using this procedure.
Excellent! I'm glad someone was able to confirm our findings from multiple sources.

In case anyone is curious, I was able to use the same method on 16 of our databases that were having this issue.

prodowgi

conversion to version 15

Post by prodowgi » Wed Nov 18, 2009 10:44 am

Try doing the conversion using Vesrion 15 Advanced and not Version 15 Net Pro. ALso - no advantage running at time. Got a call from client who was doing his own conversions to 15 yesterday. Had same problems. Had him Email me data and I did conversion using Advanced 15 and it worked ok. Emailed data to client and he reported all is fine. Did the other 4 practices for him this morning and they also worked.

Had this problem happen about 6 months ago. It was late at nite and I had to deliver the converted data the next morning. Kept getting same error on my network version of 15 no matter what I tried. Finally out of desperation - I walked over to my stand alone PC and did conversion. Worked fine. SInce it was late really did no investigation. SInce that time I just automatically did conversions to 15 (from versions 6, 8,9 ,11, 12, 14) with no problem on my stand alone PC. Have never had a problem.

Did not realize until client sent this to me that this was truly a medisoft issue. My guess is that there is something wrong with advantage and the network version when doing conversions to 15.

Let me know if this helps

Bob Dowgiallo
Programming Research Office
[email protected]