OH 14 Bug: Incorrect name in patient appointment

Technical problems with Medisoft.
Paul Williams

OH 14 Bug: Incorrect name in patient appointment

Post by Paul Williams » Thu Sep 11, 2008 8:22 am

We've been encountering more and more a situation where a new patient is setup in Medisoft, and their first appointment is also entered via Medisoft. When one views the new appointment in Office Hours, is displays the incorrect patient name. Viewing the OHAPP table reveals that the chart number and phone number in the row are of the intended patient, but the name field is incorrect and (always) contains the name of the first patient in our MWPAT table: \"AAMES\".

It is not happening every time, but the incidence has increased to a few errors a week for us. It is possible that one of our employees may be creating appointments in some non-standard manner. Regardless, the program should never insert the incorrect name into an appointment record.

Has anyone else encountered this?

Thanks.

Gavin Walker

Post by Gavin Walker » Thu Sep 11, 2008 9:12 am

This is a known issue with Medisoft. Some have reported this issue on version 12. If you contact Medisoft about this directly, they should be able to look up the issue by Test Director (TD) #13687.

As a workaround, you may tab past the chart number field and I think the display will correct itself.

I am trying to gather more information about this issue to find out exactly what it is about the appointment that causes it to display incorrectly.
Gavin Walker
Walker Tek Solutions, LLC
417-890-6777 x0
fax: 417-763-6386

Paul Williams

Post by Paul Williams » Thu Sep 11, 2008 9:55 am

Thank you, Gavin.
Just to clarify, OH is displaying the data that is in the OHAPP record correctly.
Some routine, I assume in MAPA.EXE itself, is under some circumstance, failing in a Patient Name lookup and actually inserting invalid data into the new OHAPP row.
I just wanted to be clear, technically, it IS displaying correctly, it is displaying what is in the table. But the table contains the wrong data.

We've had to open the appointment for editing in OH, change the appt to some other chart number, save that, then reopen the appointment, and switch it back to the original correct chart number and this time it will pull in the correct patient name.

I'm leaning towards some glitch in the MAPA routine that creates appointments. Some flaw in the MWPAT lookup, or the handling of errors returned from that query. I wish I could witness the creation of one of these so I might know what order of events produces the improper insertion of the first name from our file, rather than the correct name. I wonder if there is some manner in which one can cause an appt to be created, before the new patient's basic data has been fully created in MWPAT, or while the record in MWPAT is in a locked state?

Thanks much, Medisoft Guru.
Paul