Medisoft 19 RM error on new installs

Technical problems with Medisoft.
Gavin Walker

Medisoft 19 RM error on new installs

Post by Gavin Walker » Thu Jan 16, 2014 9:53 am

We have discovered that on new installs of Medisoft 19 that Revenue Management will give the following Registry error when trying to launch.

"A Registry entry for Medisoft can not be found. Please install a valid version of Medisoft."

Through various test scenarios we have determined that the installer is failing to add the following key to the Registry:

HKCU\Software\Medisoft\Patient Accounting

This problem does not seem to occur on systems where a previous version of Medisoft was installed because the Registry key already exists from the previous installation.

To work around this issue this key can be exported from a working system and imported into the Registry of the user having the issue. Hopefully McKesson will address this issue to be fixed in a future Service Pack or HotFix.

For those that purchased Medisoft v19 from us and are running into this issue, you can get a .REG file to fix this from us for FREE. Others can get the .REG with a 1 month support agreement.

Regards,
Gavin Walker
Walker Tek Solutions, LLC
417-890-6777 x0
fax: 417-763-6386

Hulty

Re: Medisoft 19 RM error on new installs

Post by Hulty » Fri Jan 31, 2014 9:43 am

Thanks for the update Gavin. I fear upgrading Medisoft just because of reasons like this. They make us act like the beta testers.
Medisoft Advanced V27

ExpertSkinDoc

Post by ExpertSkinDoc » Sat Feb 01, 2014 9:35 pm

That's great, thank you so much. I encountered this problem on different users on the same server, now problem is solved.
I export the reg file from a good user profile, then run it on the troubled user, works great!

prosete

Post by prosete » Mon Feb 03, 2014 8:37 am

Haven't jumped on v19 yet but...when I do...does this mean I should not UNinstall current version before installing 19?

If I do UNinstall current version before going to 19, will the Registry key that fixes the problem still be available or in place so as to prevent this error from happening?

ExpertSkinDoc

Post by ExpertSkinDoc » Mon Feb 03, 2014 9:20 am

For any machine, the registry key for RM to work would get registered for any new install of Medisoft 19, but just for the user account that was used during the install, at least in a server environment. I recommend if RM doesn't work for any particular user, just extract out the HKCU-Software-Medisoft-Patient.Accounting.reg on the 'good' user account, and register it for the 'bad' user account.

Gavin Walker

Post by Gavin Walker » Mon Feb 03, 2014 9:45 am

That is a good point. The easiest solution is not to uninstall RM if you already have an older version of it working. Just install the new RM over the top of the old RM.

prosete

Post by prosete » Mon Feb 03, 2014 10:19 am

OK, just to understand...my HKCU-Software reg key shows 2 "Patient Accounting" entries. One, the plain "Patient Accounting" key, has 1 subkey titled "Windows Default" while the other reg key is titled "Patient Accounting 17" and it has several subkeys under it, including Defaults, Grid Defaults, MenuAgent, MenuManager, and Windows Defaults. I assume the reg key that must be part of any v19 install is the one reflecting my current v17 install, namely "Patient Accounting 17"?

Gavin Walker

Post by Gavin Walker » Tue Feb 04, 2014 9:31 am

Revenue Management requires the "Patient Accounting" entries. The Medisoft v19 install does not add those entries.

prosete

Post by prosete » Tue Feb 04, 2014 11:01 am

Thanks!

julmer

Post by julmer » Fri May 11, 2018 12:40 pm

Just updated RM per Galvin on another thread and had to import registry changes from the admin account that updated RM to each user profile.

Thanks for all this guys.