Does Medisoft V14 support importing files from Access/xcel?

Technical problems with Medisoft.
sh184

Does Medisoft V14 support importing files from Access/xcel?

Post by sh184 » Wed Jul 02, 2008 8:17 am

Hi,

I have recently started my own billing company and the client wants to export the data via Microsoft Access/ Excel. Does Medisoft v14 allows us to import this data directly, if not what is the best way to get the information about patient Demographics into the system.
Please let me know if there is any other way out.

Thanks
sh184

Gavin Walker

Post by Gavin Walker » Wed Jul 02, 2008 1:16 pm

It kind of depends on what it is that you are trying to accomplish. You can use the backup and restore function to backup their practice and restore it to your server.

If you don't want thier transactions after doing the restore, you can use the Reset Accounting feature to remove the transactions out of your database.

There is also an Import/Export feature in Medisoft v14, but both of you will have to be on the same version of Medisoft for it to work. This feature allows you to pick and choose which records from their practice that you want to merge into your practice. Note that this option does not transfer transactions. While you could use this feature to update your database from time to time, it is not really intended to be a continuous interface between your database and theirs.

If you want everybody to have full access to all the data all the time then the best way I know to do that is to host your Medisoft server on the Internet. We offer Medisoft Server Hosting, or you can accomplish the same thing yourself with the proper setup. Everyone will then be using the same live copy of the database.
Gavin Walker
Walker Tek Solutions, LLC
417-890-6777 x0
fax: 417-763-6386