RTE 7040 when creating a new record in Medisoft

Technical problems with Medisoft.
Gavin Walker

RTE 7040 when creating a new record in Medisoft

Post by Gavin Walker » Tue Jun 24, 2008 11:47 am

I recently ran across this error. Since it is kind of rare, I thought I would share here the steps I took to resolve this. The error indicated that there was a problem trying to create the MWDEF table.

Step 1: Reboot the server. Others that have had this error fixed the problem by simply rebooting the server. That didn't work in this case.

Step 2: I opened the MWDEF table with ARC32. It opened right up without prompting for a login. Also, I noticed the table was totally empty. It seems like maybe someone copied the table from another database and it was empty. Now I know the table wasn't associated with the data dictionary since it did not prompt for a login.

Step 3: Get everyone out of Medisoft and Office Hours. Shut down Lab Connect and X-Link.

Step 4: Run a backup. The backup had over 5,000 Final Draft documents in it and it wouldn't backup by normal means. So, I backed up by copying the contents to a Windows compressed folder.

Step 5: Run MedUtils - Repair Practice Data option. This utility deletes any tables that are not accociated with the data dictionary, recreates them, and attaches them properly to the data dictionary. Reviewing the log, I see that MWDEF was thankfully the only table that had to be recreated.

Step 6: All custom defaults in Medisoft were lost. I left it to the end users to setup their custom defaults again.
Gavin Walker
Walker Tek Solutions, LLC
417-890-6777 x0
fax: 417-763-6386

jerryp

Same Error Message on Startup

Post by jerryp » Thu Jul 02, 2009 4:39 pm

I am getting the same error message on start up of Medisoft/Office Hours 11 SP2. i have tried all the steps mentioned. when i open MWDEF with ARC32 i get \"Error 5004: Either ACE could not find the specified file, or you do not have sufficient rights to access the file. The data dictionary is not found.
We are running Medisoft Network Professional Version 11

Thanks for any help,

Jerry

Gavin Walker

Post by Gavin Walker » Thu Jul 02, 2009 6:33 pm

Error 5004 indicates that the data dictionary file is missing. Look for a file named MWDDF.ADD. If that is missing, you'll need to get all files named MWDDF.* from a backup. If the only backup you have is from version 10, then that will need to be reconverted to version 11 and then copy the data dictionary files over. I can't remember if version 11 automatically saved conversion backups - look for a folder called conversion backups. If you don't have a backup, then you are looking at data repair to free all of your tables and then copy all of your data into an empty database with a good data dictionary file.