Delay opening accounts.

Technical problems with Medisoft.
str8atw

Delay opening accounts.

Post by str8atw » Wed May 21, 2008 1:41 pm

We use v12 sp2. We have 18 accounts. Last night we noticed 3+ minute delay when opening each account. No error messages, just a long delay. I spent most of the night playing with security etc to find the problem. This morning I discover Medisoft knowledge base is down, and I learn that Medisoft web site is down due to a severe storm last night. Now to my question..Are you aware of any process that runs each time you open an account that may try to connect to Medisoft servers? Something that may try to track usage? Or perhaps registration codes etc.? We also do billing for another offsite facility that we VPN into. There is a delay opening their account as well.

Hmm, Medisoft does call home to look for updates to electronic eligibility and maybe some other things even if you aren't signed up for it. I don't think it has anything to do with checking registration or usage tracking. I noticed my Medisoft v14 started having a long delay on my Vista machine. It started right up on Server 2003. If there was a network problem at Medisoft, that might explain it.

str8atw

Post by str8atw » Wed May 21, 2008 1:47 pm

We're experiencing this problem on Server2003. I've got some contacts using Lytec who are also experiencing the same problem when opening accounts. I can't help but think that this does have something to do with the fact that Medisoft web site is down and the system is looking to \"call home\" to look for updates for electronic eligibility or something else. If that is indeed the case, it is frustrating that we are brought to our knees just because they are down.

Gavin Walker

Post by Gavin Walker » Wed May 21, 2008 4:28 pm

We are having the same problem on our end as well. Also on version 14 there is an additional error when going into Claims Manager - \"Error occurred while retrieving Service Approval Status.\" If you click OK you can continue to print your claims but it sure is annoying that you have to wait about a minute for the error to come up. Trust me, now that their server went down, there are plenty of people asking Medisoft why an Internect connection must be made to a Medisoft server, even when you have not signed up for any electronic services.
Gavin Walker
Walker Tek Solutions, LLC
417-890-6777 x0
fax: 417-763-6386

Gavin Walker

Post by Gavin Walker » Sun Jun 01, 2008 8:00 pm

All of Medisoft's servers have now been restored. And this issue appears to be resolved.

sh184

error occurred while retrieving service approval status

Post by sh184 » Fri Oct 10, 2008 9:18 pm

Hi Gavin,

I have recently started getting this msg when I try to open the claims manager. Also today when I was trying to print the claims the following msg kept appearing\" A Component named form report already exists\". Any idea why and how to fix it coz its not letting me print the claims.

Thanks

Gavin Walker

Post by Gavin Walker » Sun Oct 12, 2008 4:56 pm

This is really two seperate issues.

The message \"Error occurred while retrieving Service Approval Status.\" only occurs if you have security setup in Medisoft. If the message is really bothering you, try deleting all the users out of Medisoft. (Of course this creates its own issues). My recomendation is to ignore the error because it should only occur when a particular Medisoft server is down and it doesn't otherwise affect the function of Medisoft.

For the message, \" A Component named form report already exists\", try this Medisoft Knowledgebase article: LINK REMOVED

The old Medisoft knowledgebase is completely gone now, so I removed the link.