HCFA box 24 cutting off bottom and tops of text

Technical problems with Medisoft.
lanolen

HCFA box 24 cutting off bottom and tops of text

Post by lanolen » Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:47 pm

I have had Medisoft since August, and have consistently had this problem. The font and text through out the HCFA when I print is fine, except box 24. It is printing with the tops and bottoms of the letters sheared off. How do I go about changing the font smaller, or changing the field height so the letters aren't cutting off? I have tried editing font in the data fields, but you can't see or get to the bottom of the box 24 data fields to change them all.

Thank you

Leigh Ann

Gavin Walker

Re: HCFA box 24 cutting off bottom and tops of text

Post by Gavin Walker » Thu Dec 20, 2012 7:15 pm

See if there is an overlapping field that possibly isn't printing anything but is over-striking and causing the top and bottom of the field in question to be sheered off.
Gavin Walker
Walker Tek Solutions, LLC
417-890-6777 x0
fax: 417-763-6386

lanolen

Post by lanolen » Thu Dec 20, 2012 7:26 pm

There are no overlapping fields, just each of the line items for the CPT codes and their information. You know how on the HCFA there is one line for each CPT, and each of those lines has a red shaded area and a white area. It is like it is shearing off the tops and bottoms of the printed information in those fields to keep from printing on the red shaded areas. If I could just decrease the font, to say 8, I think that would solve my problem. But when trying to edit the data fields, I cannot get to them to edit the font.

Gavin Walker

Post by Gavin Walker » Thu Dec 20, 2012 8:46 pm

Just right click on the field in Medisoft Report Designer and select Font.

lanolen

Post by lanolen » Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:32 pm

That is what I'm saying, or maybe I am missing something. In the Medisoft Report Designer, I select the report (in this case the CMS 1500-Primary). In this view I see the HCFA form in blue and green with their associated fields. There are three sections to this form. The top "Claim Header" section, the middle "Transaction Detail" section that has the CPT code information fields for the claim, and the lower "Claim Footer" section. The "Claim Footer" section encroaches up into the "Transaction Detail" section and I am not able to get to each and every field in this section to change their font (see the attached screen shot to see the section I am referring to). Is there a way to decrease the overall font on the entire form, not just a field at a time. Or is there a way to show all of the fields for this section so I can change them all?

Thanks,
Leigh Ann

lanolen

Post by lanolen » Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:36 pm

Ixnay on the screen shot. Apparently this forum doesn't like .pdf or .doc file extensions.

Gavin Walker

Post by Gavin Walker » Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:36 am

In the Report Designer go to Report Properties -> Bands tab and shrink the height of the Claim Footer band. If you have dragged a report item off the viewable edge of the Transaction Detail band, you can increase the height of the Transaction Detail band to make it easier to work with but then you will need to set the band height back to 0.33 inches or you can run into issues getting all 6 detail lines to print on your CMS-1500 forms.

lanolen

Post by lanolen » Mon Dec 24, 2012 10:55 am

Thank you. After tweaking the Claim Footer and Transaction Detail bands I finally have a solution. Thank you for your help

krpinct

Post by krpinct » Thu Jan 16, 2020 4:11 pm

Hope you don't mind my asking on this thread....I need to move everything from #14 down about a half space, I've been tweaking the bands and it just gets wonky. Thanks

Gavin Walker

Post by Gavin Walker » Mon Jan 20, 2020 9:39 am

Try increasing the size of the header band or decreasing the size of the footer band. You'll probably have to move down fields 14 through 23 to where they line up.
Gavin Walker
Walker Tek Solutions, LLC
417-890-6777 x0
fax: 417-763-6386