place of service glitch

Technical problems with Medisoft.
mrtnski

place of service glitch

Post by mrtnski » Wed May 07, 2008 3:14 pm

several patients claims have come back rejected because place of service missing. called EDI and they said POS is not filled in [ loop 23 10 D ] It is in my medisoft software. my vendor wants $198 to fix it. anything I can do?

Gavin Walker

Post by Gavin Walker » Wed May 07, 2008 6:18 pm

2310D is the facility. This is entered on the patient's Case record. From the case, click Account tab and select the facility in the Facility field.

Next open the transactions in Transaction Entry and make sure the POS column is correct and then click Update All.

If this doesn't work, we'll need more specifics on exactly what direct module and version of Medisoft you are using.
Gavin Walker
Walker Tek Solutions, LLC
417-890-6777 x0
fax: 417-763-6386

mrtnski

pos

Post by mrtnski » Thu May 08, 2008 11:16 am

medisoft version 12
phoenix module
medivant clearinghouse

when i view my verification report b4 sending, it shows the location in the right place, my software vender refuses to help unless I purchase a support conteact.

mrtnski

no npi

Post by mrtnski » Thu May 08, 2008 11:51 am

my vendor finally came through and said I had no npi for my facility. I never had one, but only several patients got rejected?

Gavin Walker

Post by Gavin Walker » Fri May 09, 2008 8:41 am

The rejection will probably depend on the payer and what procedure was done. I am glad you figured it out.

mrtnski

HELP!

Post by mrtnski » Fri May 16, 2008 11:11 am

still having problems. the location [box 32] is not populating when I transmit electronically, for some patients only. If I print out a paper claim it is filled in though.. Medicare says must be a clearinghouse/software problem. MCR said I had the phone & fax number filled in and that might be causing problems so I took it out. my software vendor SUNRIZE said I didn't have the NPI numbaer of the facility , so I put in in. MCR said I didn't need it .I must have something set up wrong and they would be glad to help If I sign a support contract. I am new at this , frustrated ,and am sorry I was talklked into this clearinghouse, MEDIVANT. I am in FL, work in a nursing home and only bill FL Medicare.Can I bill Medicare directly using the software I now have, I know I'll have to get a sender number instead of using Medivant's.
I'm using Medisoft ver 12 sp2, and Phoenix module.

Gavin Walker

Post by Gavin Walker » Fri May 16, 2008 1:07 pm

Yes there is a direct module for Florida Medicare, but you will need to upgrade your Medisoft in order to get it. Did you check that the facility was setup in the place I mentioned above? Did you click Update All in Transaction Entry? Is the data only missing when you select a particular facility? Is it only missing on old claims you are rebilling? Try changing the facility name to be something slightly different than the practice name. For example \"MedTech Medical Management Sys\" instead of MedTech Medical Manangement Systems\".

mrtnski

Post by mrtnski » Fri May 16, 2008 1:45 pm

what upgrade do I need? how do I get it?

Gavin Walker

Post by Gavin Walker » Sat May 17, 2008 11:38 am

First, I am not convinced that you cannot send facility information through the Phoenix module - people are submitting through that all the time and if this wasn't working I would be hearing a lot more about it.

To upgrade and get that direct module you will need to purchase the 1 version old upgrade to your Medisoft and any other modules that you use (the Pheonix upgrade is free). Then you will need to purchase a NEW FLCT module to submit direct to Florida Medicare.

You can buy Medisoft online here.
Gavin Walker
Walker Tek Solutions, LLC
417-890-6777 x0
fax: 417-763-6386