Revenue Management <CM4> Tag

Technical problems with Medisoft.
triggert

Revenue Management <CM4> Tag

Post by triggert » Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:42 am

Hello,
I'm IT for a billing company and we've recently noticed a CM4 tag being added to the beginning of their 835 reports when viewing in Revenue Management. Also, all of the reports that drop into the RMData\Reports folder are being renamed to a generic filename such as 2012_06_15_08_30_835. The CM4 tag added to the file prior to ISA is affecting their ability to open the reports in Medicare Remit Easy Print. Please let me know if you need any more information and I'll work to clarify the best I can.

Is there a setting somewhere in RM that can disable the CM4 tag and generic name?

Thanks!

Gavin Walker

Re: Revenue Management <CM4> Tag

Post by Gavin Walker » Fri Jun 15, 2012 2:10 pm

I am pretty sure CM4 stands for Claim Manager v4, which was the product name of Revenue Management before McKesson bought it.

Here are the steps to configure Revenue Management to work with Easy Print:

Click Configure then Preferences.
Click the Revenue Management tab.
Below the Report Settings tab, locate the field entitled ‘Remit Export Folder’. Click the ellipses to specify where you want RM to automatically export your remittances.
Browse for the folder of where you want the remittances exported if a folder has already been created. If you want to make a new folder, browse to the location where you want this folder and click Make New Folder. You will then be required to name this folder. When done, click OK.

NOTE: DO NOT EXPORT THE REMITTANCES INTO THE REPORT OR DOWNLOAD FOLDERS UNDER RMDATA. If you do so, it will create a nice endless loop that will fill up your disk space with duplicate remittance files.

The path specified will automatically populate in the ‘Remit Export Folder’ field. Verify that the path is correct and click Save. The Preferences window will close.

NOTE: When an ERA is received and viewed in Revenue Management, a copy of the file will be stored in the folder specified in the ‘Remit Export Folder’ field.

Open Medicare Remit EasyPrint.
Click Tools then Path Name Editor.
Locate the ‘Exported reports’ field and click Browse to specify the path indicated earlier in Revenue Managements ‘Remit Export Folder’.
Browse to the folder that was specified in Revenue Management’s ‘Remit Export Folder’ field and click OK.
The ‘Exported reports’ field is now specified with the same path indicated in Revenue Management’s ‘Remit Export Folder’ field. ‘Imported files’, ‘Archive files’, ‘X835 native files’, and ‘Resource files’ can be specified as needed. Click Save.

You are now directed back to the Medicare Remit EasyPrint main screen to import your remittances.
Gavin Walker
Walker Tek Solutions, LLC
417-890-6777 x0
fax: 417-763-6386

triggert

Post by triggert » Sun Jun 17, 2012 8:02 pm

Thanks for the quick response. The export folder is setup and looks to be functioning properly. I'll be able to verify later in the week.

Is there something in Medisoft or Revenue Management that is causing the file names to be renamed? They are being downloaded with the name test001_123456_TES_213246_etc, for example, but within the past two weeks they are being renamed to 2012-06-06-10-31-41_835 (looks to be the date and time with the report number). I don't know that this will affect anything but we're curious how the change is being made and if possible, how to change it back to leave their original file names.

Thanks!

Gavin Walker

Post by Gavin Walker » Mon Jun 18, 2012 8:58 am

The files are renamed in order to guarantee that each file name will be unique and no file will over write another file and be lost. Not all payers have the capability to give unique file names. As far as I know this feature cannot be turned off.

sunillalla

Post by sunillalla » Sat Aug 26, 2017 5:59 am

How can you identify which ERA files are coming from Medicare?

Gavin Walker

Post by Gavin Walker » Sat Aug 26, 2017 8:35 am

As far as I know, you have to look at the contents of the file to determine who the payer is.

sunillalla

Post by sunillalla » Mon Aug 28, 2017 8:50 pm

There are a few files that do not import any suggestions?

Gavin Walker

Post by Gavin Walker » Tue Aug 29, 2017 8:17 am

We have a ticket with you regarding Easy Print. Are you trying to import the remit into Easy Print? There is a setting in Revenue Management to copy the remit files over to another folder to be picked up by Easy Print. If you try to process the file with Revenue Management, then it changes the file in such a way that it can't be used with Easy Print. Otherwise, let me know what the error is so I can start another ticket for you.

sunillalla

Post by sunillalla » Tue Aug 29, 2017 9:31 pm

Thanks Gavin for your prompt response
I am trying to import the remit into Easy Print.
I have used above settings you posted on June 15, 2012
I have been able to import most prior Medicare ERAs into the Easyprint other than 4, where I ran into issues stating invalid file type

Gavin Walker

Post by Gavin Walker » Wed Aug 30, 2017 8:01 am

It looked like the file got truncated in the folder we setup for Easy Print. Not sure how that could have happened. When we re-opened the file again in Revenue Management, it made a fresh copy of the file for Easy Print. The next time this happens, try re-opening the file again in Revenue Management and see if that helps.

sunillalla

Post by sunillalla » Thu Aug 31, 2017 3:23 pm

Thanks that worked