Solution found to 'hanging' MAPA.EXE

Technical problems with Medisoft.
prosete

Solution found to 'hanging' MAPA.EXE

Post by prosete » Sun Feb 12, 2012 8:12 am

At least in my case...it's a service called 'Apple Push Notification' that appears in my Task Manager whenever I click on iTunes.

iTunes is not one of my Start Up programs but I use it, as many often do, for downloading, iPhone syncs, etc. So, when MAPA.EXE failed to start properly again this morning -- as it has been doing often since v10 -- and kept on looping endlessly, I started to 'end' various 3rd party processes found in my Task Mgr. The only one I ended that immediately allowed MAPA to execute fully was the Apple Push service. I repeated it several times and each time I opened iTunes the Push service would start. When I then followed up by starting MS, MAPA would hang until I ended the process.

I've had iTunes for years and never equated the Push service with MAPA failing to open. But at least in may case, it did.

Gavin Walker

Re: Solution found to 'hanging' MAPA.EXE

Post by Gavin Walker » Mon Feb 13, 2012 9:34 am

Thanks for sharing. We can add this to our growing list of programs that interfere with Medisoft which include Chrome, some anti virus, some instant messaging, and even Practice Partner.
Gavin Walker
Walker Tek Solutions, LLC
417-890-6777 x0
fax: 417-763-6386