MWCAS.ADT

Technical problems with Medisoft.
johnthebaptist

MWCAS.ADT

Post by johnthebaptist » Sat Jan 21, 2012 6:41 pm

After spending the day looking at the medisoft files, rebuilding indexes, packing data and purging information I have been able to determine that the reason I cannot add charges or save new information in medisoft is a problem with a file named MWCAS.ADT in medisoft v11. Ive attempted to build connection through excell/access data base but so far can't seem to connect. I am able to connect in open office database but still can't read the dat in this file. How CIn I access this file in such a way to read it's contents and what kind of corruption would I be looking for?

Gavin Walker

Re: MWCAS.ADT

Post by Gavin Walker » Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:22 am

You said you upgraded to Medisoft v15, but the conversion failed. I think you will need to restore a backup of your data from prior to the conversion if you want to continue using v11.
Gavin Walker
Walker Tek Solutions, LLC
417-890-6777 x0
fax: 417-763-6386

johnthebaptist

Post by johnthebaptist » Tue Jan 24, 2012 9:29 am

It was an upgrade to v17. It is the MWCAS.ADT file in the backup that is corrupt... if not a file elswhere in the backup. All the data is present except I cannot store new transactions. I can add a new patient. I can add a new case. But I cannot delete the case I just added and still in the new case cannot save data. I get an error code tblCas: Error 5177: Trigger execution failed. The container named "C:\Medidata\WEBER\mwat.dll" failed to load with error code 126.

If id do a restore from within medisoft, It tries asks for the restore disk 1 but all files are backed up on one compressed file on hard drive. Mannually decompressing the file to its proper location causes the problem above.

Gavin Walker

Post by Gavin Walker » Tue Jan 24, 2012 3:39 pm

It sounds like your backup is bad and your data has corruption in it. You will need to have a qualified technician repair your data for you. We currently charge $200 to do data repairs.

You might try turning off Audit in program options to see if you can at least use your system for now. If it works, keep in mind when you turn audit back on the issue will reappear.

johnthebaptist

Post by johnthebaptist » Wed Jan 25, 2012 6:07 pm

Thanks for the suggestion of turning off audits. Program is now usable, We will be uograding to version 17 but because of delays with getting submitter id from mvkeeson, i needed to get some billing done pronto. In a test on a separate cumputer, v17 fixes the problem. Of additional note... I extracted the medisoft backup files using 7zip the rearchived in zip format and simply changed the file extension .mbk and it no longer asked to insert disk 1. All data appers in tact but as you thought, turning the sudits back on creat the problem. Since we don't need that function we can proceed.

Thanks

John

Gavin Walker

Post by Gavin Walker » Wed Jan 25, 2012 7:06 pm

Medisoft backups no longer work with Windows Compressed folders or WinZip for that matter. You have to use a third-party program like 7Zip to decompress. Note Medisoft v11 cannot decompress a backup from newer versions of Medisoft. When you said you manually decompressed the files, it didn't occur to me that you were doing this outside of Medisoft. So that mystery is solved and it sounds like your backups are good.