net.exe

Technical problems with Medisoft.
techlac

net.exe

Post by techlac » Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:35 am

Hey - having an issue with Medisoft Advanced Version 16 SP1 (16.1.2.220), although we purchased the software - Medisoft tech support says they have no record of us. Anyway, program opens then immediately hangs and continues hanging indefinitely. We are using Windows 7 Enterprise SP0 and SP1 x64. No other programs running at the time of opening. I've disabled everything in startup just in case. This issue just started happening this week. We've been using the software for the past 2 - 3 months without issue.

I've narrowed it down to net.exe having some issue. Once I end net.exe via taskmanager, the program unhangs and operates normally as far as I can tell (I do not use this software, I just work at the school as a technician). What does this process do and what could be causing the hang? Of course, closing the program and reopening it will start net.exe again causing it to hang. Looking for a permanent solution. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Any recent windows update known to cause issues recently? I know they rolled some out late last week and early this week. (edit: we reimaged these machines last night, effectively removing any recent windows updates - last update was 6/13/2011 at this point. So I guess windows update can't be causing it)

Antivirus? We have ESET Nod32 installed on all of our machines. I tried disabling it temporarily, but the medisoft software is still hanging.

prosete

Re: net.exe

Post by prosete » Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:54 am

Unfortunately, anything can be responsible for the hang-up. Yesterday, while trouble shooting a missing ERA with McKesson's Relay Health, I happened to ask a "by the way" question related to just this very same issue (which I have had since v10). The tech desk guy told me that they have found that even having dated printer drivers for HP printers have caused this problem. Given that, I simply re-boot my PC and the problem is generally solved.

techlac

Post by techlac » Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:55 am

Also tried - Internet Options > Connections > LAN settings > Unchecked Automatically detect settings (if that makes a difference. another forum post elsewhere suggested it.)
Last edited by techlac on Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

techlac

Post by techlac » Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:57 am

prosete wrote:Unfortunately, anything can be responsible for the hang-up. Yesterday, while trouble shooting a missing ERA with McKesson's Relay Health, I happened to ask a "by the way" question related to just this very same issue (which I have had since v10). The tech desk guy told me that they have found that even having dated printer drivers for HP printers have caused this problem. Given that, I simply re-boot my PC and the problem is generally solved.

Thanks for your response! I will try updating every driver possible. Unfortunately, the reboot solution is not working for us. It seems to be a permanent issue currently.

techlac

Post by techlac » Thu Jan 19, 2012 10:32 am

We seemed to have figured out what the net.exe is doing. It handles login scripts. We have our users mapped to certain network drives and it seems to be failing. Haven't solved the issue yet - but we've at least narrowed it down further in case anyone else is experiencing this issue.