Missing ERA from Relay Health

Technical problems with Medisoft.
prosete

Missing ERA from Relay Health

Post by prosete » Tue Jan 03, 2012 5:48 pm

Is there still an easy method to notify McKesson's Relay Health that a specific ERA never posted to my mailbox?

I received payment for the missing ERA and also noted that subsequent ERAs were downloaded into my mailbox, except for this particular one. At one time, RH had a formatted Excel file that we just filled out and emailed it to them. Is that still the process? If so, would anyone have a copy of the file and the email address? If not, what is the way to notify them of the missing ERA w/o sitting on hold for over an hour with their support desk?

Gavin Walker

Re: Missing ERA from Relay Health

Post by Gavin Walker » Wed Jan 04, 2012 9:58 am

If you log into Collaboration Compass, you should see an option - Support and Audit Tools. In there, you can search for a Remit. When you find it, you can click Requeue.

If you do not have the option Support and Audit Tools, then you will need to contact your RelayHealth reseller or RelayHealth directly to have them requeue your remit. You'll need to provide enough information for them to find it such as check date, payer id, and amount.
Gavin Walker
Walker Tek Solutions, LLC
417-890-6777 x0
fax: 417-763-6386

prosete

Post by prosete » Wed Jan 04, 2012 5:56 pm

Thanks! No options thru Collab Compass. Will have to spend the time on the phone waiting for RH support.

prosete

Post by prosete » Fri Jan 06, 2012 8:43 am

Thank goodness for having kept an old hard drive long after I upgraded PCs several times!

I found an hdd I had kept since 2007 and thought about the chances the ERA Repost request Excel file might be somewhere in there. I connected it to my PC and - sure enough! - there it was! Actually about 6 of them! So I was able to re-use them to submit a repost of my current missing ERA, sent it off, and got my acknowledgment from McKesson!

prosete

Post by prosete » Fri Jan 06, 2012 8:48 am

Gavin Walker wrote:If you do not have the option Support and Audit Tools, then you will need to contact your RelayHealth reseller or RelayHealth directly to have them requeue your remit. You'll need to provide enough information for them to find it such as check date, payer id, and amount.
BTW, I've learned NOT to contact my local vendor for anything. They charge for everything they attempt to help me with, even though I've never requested help for anything other than for problems created solely by Medisoft or RH. Even the change over to 5010 in my v17, which took me all of about 20 seconds to click thru after starting RevMgr, the vendre wanted to charge me $200 - for 20 seconds worth of work!

Gavin Walker

Post by Gavin Walker » Fri Jan 06, 2012 12:27 pm

Sorry to hear that. Medisoft Value Added Resellers are all independent and set their own rates for support.

prosete

Post by prosete » Fri Jan 06, 2012 6:23 pm

oh, I realize that. I just thought their fees were a wee bit on the high side.

prosete

Post by prosete » Sat Jan 21, 2012 8:03 am

BTW, that ERA re-post Excel file I sent MS requesting that the missing ERA be re-posted to my mailbox apparently went nowhere. I sent it Jan 5 and had not heard back or seen the re-post at all when I happened to connect with their tech support desk just yesterday, 15 days later. I asked about the missing ERA and gave them the ticket number that had been auto-issued by their support desk when I first sent the Excel file. The support guy then told me that the Excel file now goes nowhere, since it is unattended even though a ticket # is automatically issued when it is received. He said I need to call support to report it, despite the fact I tried 3x in one week and waited a total of 13+ hrs on hold waiting for them to pick up (I left the phone call active and on hold while the phone was either on speaker or I used wireless/blue tooth ear pieces while continuing with my life).

So, you still have to call them to have them re-post missing ERA's. You'd think they would save themselves a lot of time by following up on the Excel re-post file, instead of having customers call to request the re-post, which is what the support guy had to do when I finally got thru to them yesterday. All he did was read my Excel file in their bin and had it re-posted while we were on the phone.

Gavin Walker

Post by Gavin Walker » Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:11 am

RelayHealth and virtually every other clearinghouse are totally slammed right now with ANSI 5010 related questions.