Revenue Management

Technical problems with Medisoft.
hkaldas

Revenue Management

Post by hkaldas » Mon Dec 19, 2011 5:37 pm

Have a problem with Revenue Management that is driving me kokooo. We bought new PC for the office. New PC is Win7 Prof (64Bit). I migrated everything over without a problem. The only thing not working is Revenue Management. I keep getting error Advantage error 5004 "Either the file not found or you have no rights". I'm dying to know which file it’s talking about.

I installed the same version of Medisoft (v17sp2) and Advantage Database (10.10.0.18 32bit) that is on the old XP Pro PC. The only thing different is the PC Name and share. I tried creating a new RMData directory as well as restoring the old RMData in the share, but still.

I even connected to the RMData using Data Architect and modified anything I was able to find mentioning the OLD Share name and updated to the new one. I'm still getting this 5004 error when I launch Revenue Management. I'm starting to think it’s a Win7 compatibility issue with RM or maybe 64Bit OSs.

I'm just about ready to just install XP on this PC to see if it works.

Gavin Walker

Re: Revenue Management

Post by Gavin Walker » Mon Dec 19, 2011 5:58 pm

First, run Check for Updates before attempting to use Revenue Management.

Next, RMData doesn't like to be moved. Rename your existing RMData folder and create a new one. You'll need to enter the settings for your Rev. Mgmt. again. The Archive fold from your old RMData can be moved across after creating the new RMData.
Gavin Walker
Walker Tek Solutions, LLC
417-890-6777 x0
fax: 417-763-6386

hkaldas

Post by hkaldas » Mon Dec 19, 2011 6:22 pm

Thank you for the Reply. Since Revenue Management doesn't even launch, I ran Update.exe from the RCM directory. It updated fine, but still the same error when I launch RM. I created a blank RMData folder, but its still doesn't work.

I just downloaded sysinternals process viewer hopefully it will tell me what file its looking for for. If you can think of anything else, let me know.

Thank You so much

Gavin Walker

Post by Gavin Walker » Mon Dec 19, 2011 11:34 pm

Check for Updates from the Windows Start menu.

rakesh93

Post by rakesh93 » Thu Jan 05, 2012 8:35 am

Hi kevin
i am having same problems. the revenue management is already created and configurated. when i go to activities and pull up revenue management i click on CONNECT to a previously existing revenue management. how do i connect to a previously existing revenue management and which file i need to pull up from the connections file.

Gavin Walker

Post by Gavin Walker » Thu Jan 05, 2012 8:49 am

Browse to your Revenue Management root folder. Normally we set this up in \\server\Medidata\RMData, but it will be where ever you set yours up at.