Communication manager not installed and need it!

Technical problems with Medisoft.
clinicbilling

Communication manager not installed and need it!

Post by clinicbilling » Thu Dec 15, 2011 6:48 pm

Hi,
When we installed Medisoft 17, we had our VAR, AZCOMP handle the installation. Since we are just now starting to learn and use Amazing Charts with the Xlink interface (no one has any EHR/EMR or interface experience), so when the tech didn't install Communication Manager on any of our computers, we didn't find out until now that we need it to bring the superbill over to Medisoft.
Since it wasn't installed when we set up our system a few months back, what can we do to get it installed now? Do we need to uninstall and redo or is there a way to install seperately?
Thanks for all of your help.
Erin

Gavin Walker

Re: Communication manager not installed and need it!

Post by Gavin Walker » Fri Dec 16, 2011 11:58 am

Since you are already using X-Link, then all you need to do is configure X-Link to bring in the superbills. Are you saying the interface between AmazingCharts and X-Link doesn't bring in the superbills?

Communication Manager is a separate interface that you have to buy and is part of the Medisoft install. Just re-install Medisoft and select Communication Manager when you install. The problem is you have to buy a serial # for it to work and it sounds like you already bought X-Link. Also, you don't want to use both interfaces at once because that can cause records to be duplicated.
Gavin Walker
Walker Tek Solutions, LLC
417-890-6777 x0
fax: 417-763-6386

clinicbilling

Post by clinicbilling » Fri Dec 16, 2011 12:09 pm

I am confused about how the interface works; its hard to figure out where the problem is between 3 different programs and the Medisoft help is not very clear about the unprocessed transactions menu.
I did find an Xlink error message about a wrong provider code, so I am looking in to that.
Thank you for all of your help!

Gavin Walker

Post by Gavin Walker » Fri Dec 16, 2011 4:15 pm

Keep in mind that X-Link is written by a third party, so there is no help within Medisoft about it. I think you are on to something. X-Link is usually licensed by provider, so if the provider isn't licensed, then there will be an error and it will not process.

Also, to my knowledge, X-Link does not utilize the Unprocessed Transactions window. Communications Manager on the other hand does use Unprocessed Transactions.