Locked out by other users?

Technical problems with Medisoft.
prosete

Locked out by other users?

Post by prosete » Fri Dec 09, 2011 7:22 am

I thought v17 SP2 was supposed to take care of the glitch whereby I, as the only user, frequently get 'locked out' because 'another' user is logged on. This has been a recurring problem with versions prior to 17 as well, but it is maddening to think I have to wait 1 hour (McKesson's suggested solution) just to back up my data, or sign in to a new session, etc. Why is this still a problem and how do I fix it (in less than an hour)?

Gavin Walker

Re: Locked out by other users?

Post by Gavin Walker » Fri Dec 09, 2011 10:36 am

If anything, this problem is worse on v17 than it was on prior versions and this is not one of the listed items that was fixed on v17 sp2. :(

First, make sure the clock and time-zone is set correct on your computer. If your clock is back-dated from other computers in your office, then the problem will be made worse.

Now, I can offer you a solution that is 6x better than McKesson's.:D If you wait 10 minutes, you should be able to get back in and run your backup. In most cases, a 3 to 5 minute wait will suffice.

Ideally though, you should consider a third-party backup solution. The one that comes with Medisoft is buggy and error prone. We offer a backup service if you need it.
Gavin Walker
Walker Tek Solutions, LLC
417-890-6777 x0
fax: 417-763-6386

prosete

Re: Locked out by other users?

Post by prosete » Fri Dec 09, 2011 12:22 pm

Understood. Thanks for the back-up offer; however, I've not had any problems backing up within MS ever since it became part of the software. I'll keep you in mind should I run into problems backing up, though.