Transferring Software to new computer

Technical problems with Medisoft.
jaymskay

Transferring Software to new computer

Post by jaymskay » Sun Nov 25, 2007 11:41 pm

I have a new computer with Windows Vista and I need to transfer Medisoft. I have the program loaded on the computer but it asks me to register it. If I click on Register Later the program freezes up on me and when I go through to register it will say not registered. I printed out the thing that shows the serial numbers and activation codes. I know how to get my data on once I can run the program without it freezing up. I just need to know how to get it to show as registered since I have already registered it on the old computer.

Thanks!

Jamie

Jason York

Post by Jason York » Tue Nov 27, 2007 9:24 am

Hi Jamie,
Which version of Medisoft are you running? Only Medisoft Version 12 will run on Windows Vista.

If you do have Version 12, make sure that you install it to C:\\Medisoft instead of C:\\Program Files\\Medisoft, and make sure you download Version 12 Service Pack 2 if the install you have currently does not already have it. If you are running Medisoft Network Professional, you will need to update to Advantage Database Server 8.1 (available from the same link above) before you install and run Service Pack 2.
Jason York
Support Manager
MedTech Medical Management Systems
www.medtechsys.net

jaymskay

Post by jaymskay » Tue Nov 27, 2007 11:17 pm

I uninstalled and reinstalled Medisoft Basic V12 the way you said. I even have it showing that it is registered now. I am still having problems with the program freezing up. When I choose to end the not responding program I get this error message:
Ar3import -An error has occurred
dmIPCCommunication: No core product found

Then I will close that and this message comes up.
Ar3import-An error has occurred
An unspecified error has occurred, please call tech support

Thanks

Jamie

Gavin Walker

Post by Gavin Walker » Wed Nov 28, 2007 2:50 pm

Hi Jamie, try this procedure and post back and let us know how it works.

Install all available Windows updates
Uninstall (via Control Panel) Medisoft - (service pack 2 first and do a roll back)
Uninstall (via Control Panel) Crystal Reports 10 support files
Rename \\Medidata to \\MedidataBackup
Delete \\Medisoft
Create \\Medidata.

Do the installation (not including Communication Manager and install to C:\\Medisoft)
Install Service Pack 2 BEFORE running Medisoft for the first time.
Gavin Walker
Walker Tek Solutions, LLC
417-890-6777 x0
fax: 417-763-6386