CALLING PORT 80 ... ANYONE HOME?

Technical problems with Medisoft.
axolotl

CALLING PORT 80 ... ANYONE HOME?

Post by axolotl » Mon Oct 03, 2011 7:52 pm

MEDISOFT V17 SP1: Receiving the message “Unable to connect to McKesson for product authorization. Please validate your
internet connectivity. If the problem persists, contact your vendor or McKesson support.”

AntiVirus - Medisoft allowed
Firewall - Medisoft allowed
PHConnectionTest - ran
Port 80 - confirmed opened
Time out configuration - increased
MWWHS table corrupted - emptied
No proxy server
No Communication Manager installed

This is the third (3rd) go-around with this same issue. Is there a permanent solution?

HELP!

Gavin Walker

Re: CALLING PORT 80 ... ANYONE HOME?

Post by Gavin Walker » Tue Oct 04, 2011 8:04 am

Unfortunately, you'll need to work with Medisoft support or a Medisoft reseller to fix this error. Make sure all of your clients have at least Medisoft v17 sp1 :(
Gavin Walker
Walker Tek Solutions, LLC
417-890-6777 x0
fax: 417-763-6386

axolotl

Post by axolotl » Sat Nov 12, 2011 12:55 pm

While I have been successful in repairing this very annoying problem (MWWHS), I still want to get to the root of the problem as this issue has been ongoing since June 2011.

I checked with McKesson registration to make sure that there are no registration conflicts. No registration conflicts found.
Replaced hardware components including modem, router and switch.
Increased both time out settings in PHConnectionTest to 10,000ms.

No one seems to know what causes this problem - just how to repair the symptoms.

tvps

Post by tvps » Wed Jan 11, 2012 12:11 pm

Has anyone figured this out yet??? I have been having this same problem ongoing since November 2011. My support guy comes and does something, and we get charged for his time...every time. I never had an issue with this prior to upgrading to V17 (never used V16.) I was also on Windows XP, and now I am on Windows 7. Could my windows version be causing an issue.

It started with a Windows Defender (which is embedded in Windows 7) definition update. The first few times, I restored to an earlier version prior to the download. Then our mx guys did some work on our hard drive and wiped out our restore points, then downloaded the definition update again. So now I have Defender turned off, but am not able to delete the downloaded file. Dont know how much it plays a part in this mess. It has been almost 2 weeks since the last incident with this problem, but it happened again this morning.
I am so tired of it.

Hulty

Post by Hulty » Mon Jan 16, 2012 12:30 pm

Windows Defender is deprecated and replaced by Microsoft Security Essentials.
Microsoft Security Essentials is designed to disable Windows Defender in order to manage the PC’s real-time protection, including anti-virus, rootkits, Trojans and spyware.
Medisoft Advanced V27