medisoft 17 restore issue

Technical problems with Medisoft.
jeandrap

medisoft 17 restore issue

Post by jeandrap » Sat Sep 10, 2011 3:31 pm

Hi, My system is a Dell Win 7 Pro 32 bit, Intel Core 2 Duo CPU E7600 @ 3.06 GHz 3.07 GHz. Ram= 4GB (3.21 DB usable).

I installed Medisoft V17. Attempting to restore practice. Selected "Restore Data" from C:\MediData\medibu\OJCBU.mbk receiving error: Hashed list of file names is invalid. Native error 00059.

Tried to then restore data from thumbnail drive: G:\OJCBU.mbk i receive prompt "Please install latest disk." If I press OK, i receive prompt again. If i hit cancel, i get error: Cannot open archived file. Opening aborted or invalid filename. Native error 00045.

I tried renaming practice as well with same results. uninstalled, reinstalled V.17 went to restore data with same results. Any thoughts? thx, jd

Gavin Walker

Re: medisoft 17 restore issue

Post by Gavin Walker » Sun Sep 11, 2011 8:48 pm

I am sorry to say that it sounds like your Medisoft backup file is corrupted. Your best bet would be to go back to your last good backup. If you can still run a backup from your old system, try making a new backup and note any errors that you might get when you run your backup.

You can also copy the backup file to OJCBU.zip and try using a WinRar recovery tool to try and repair the backup file. I have never had any luck repairing a Medisoft backup file though.
Gavin Walker
Walker Tek Solutions, LLC
417-890-6777 x0
fax: 417-763-6386

jeandrap

Post by jeandrap » Sun Sep 11, 2011 11:23 pm

ok we'll try a new backup. thx

jeandrap

Post by jeandrap » Sat Sep 17, 2011 5:58 pm

Hi, I went back to the system and redid the back up. This time, instead of backing up to the flash drive, I backed it up to the system then copied it over to the flash drive. At the end of the backup, it said that two files were skipped. I had the same error messages this time around as last (see above). Any thoughts?

jeandrap

Post by jeandrap » Sat Sep 17, 2011 7:01 pm

Actually, just for the heck of it, I went to an old back-up from Jan 2011 did the same process and received the same "Hashed list of file names is invalid. Native error 00059." So now i am at a loss.

jeandrap

Post by jeandrap » Sat Sep 17, 2011 8:47 pm

Hi sorry for themultiple posts. But as I keep troubleshooting the issues, i have gone through back-ups all the way until 12/2009. This is the first file v.17 wants to start to restore; then gives this error: "Zipforge invalid size or checksum of file or unspecified compression format- Native error 00008" It then offers me alternatuve to abort, ignore, or continue. i tried abort multiple times, then ignore, but can only opt for continue. Program appears to complete restore, but then won't allow me to exit out and reboot. Having to back-up before exit.

Having to re-input two years' of data obviously undesireable. wondering if you can massage back up process or review later .mbk files?

Gavin Walker

Post by Gavin Walker » Sun Sep 18, 2011 1:54 pm

jeandrap wrote:At the end of the backup, it said that two files were skipped. I had the same error messages this time around as last (see above). Any thoughts?
This means the backup is no good. Unfortunately, the backup software that comes with Medisoft is not very good. You can look under your Medidata folder and determine which folder underneath contains your practice data and then copy the whole folder to your external drive. Then copy that folder under your Medidata on the new computer. Add the practice to the practice list using the same folder name. You should look for a new backup solution. We offer HIPAA Backup Service here.

rakesh93

Post by rakesh93 » Thu Oct 06, 2011 3:43 am

hi my hard drive crashed and i am trying to get a professional data recovery to get the medisoft 17 data. once i receive the data how do i restore it back into a new computer with medisoft 17 . do i use the restore data button or restore root data. which files do i need to look for to restore the data and practice information. unfortunateley my backup on a flash drive went bad as well. usually when i backed up it created an .mbk file. when i restore it from data recovered from hard drive which file do i use to restore it. will there be an .mbk file in the hard drive as well or is it a different file. appreciate your comments

Gavin Walker

Post by Gavin Walker » Thu Oct 06, 2011 8:04 am

Just copy the contents of Medidata from the old drive to the new one. If you store it in the same location on the new drive, you should be good to go when you start up Medisoft.

rakesh93

Post by rakesh93 » Sat Oct 08, 2011 6:11 am

I thank you so much Gavin.

jeandrap

Post by jeandrap » Sat Oct 08, 2011 8:56 pm

Your quote below seems to imply I should set up a new practice first and then add practice as the name of the folder. before converting data. Is that what you mean? Or should I [roceed to convertiing data first?
You wrote: You can look under your Medidata folder and determine which folder underneath contains your practice data and then copy the whole folder to your external drive. Then copy that folder under your Medidata on the new computer. Add the practice to the practice list using the same folder name. You should look for a new backup solution.

Gavin Walker

Post by Gavin Walker » Sun Oct 09, 2011 3:30 pm

Either way works fine. If the practice folder is already there when you add the practice to the practice list, the existing practice data just gets added.

jeandrap

Post by jeandrap » Sun Oct 09, 2011 6:04 pm

OK, thanks for the quick reply and on a weekend too! MUCH APPRECIATED! Attempting the conversion now.