submitting claims to medicare and bcbs errors (via modem)

Technical problems with Medisoft.
afzal44

submitting claims to medicare and bcbs errors (via modem)

Post by afzal44 » Mon Jul 25, 2011 11:23 am

I'm unable to submit medicare or bcbs claims through Medisoft due to the below error. Currenly using Medisoft V. 14. operating system is windows xp

we submit through modem. I had the ISP come and check to see if there was a modem issue and after thoroughly checking he said all is fine. Just when transmitting directly through modem i receive this error below. Any help would be greatly appreciated it Thank you

Error msg: Exception EinvalidOperation in module PABSX12.EXE at 0002E862. Canvas does not allow drawing

afzal44

Re: submitting claims to medicare and bcbs errors (via mode

Post by afzal44 » Mon Jul 25, 2011 11:39 am

Also wanted to add. That i have ran virus protection and rebooted the computer several times. However the problem still exists

Gavin Walker

Post by Gavin Walker » Mon Jul 25, 2011 3:24 pm

You can try installing Medisoft v14 sp2. Make sure you also download and install the PABS EDI Module. That gives you the last version of that module that we had. Sometimes rebooting your computer will help. Power cycling your external modem can help also. An external modem that plugs into your serial port is going to be most reliable (rather than an internal modem, or a USB modem).

You mentioned your Internet service provider (ISP). Is your Internet service provided by a dial-up modem? If so, you cannot be on the Internet while you send your claims. When the ISP came out, I wonder if he checked your cable or DSL modem rather than your dial-out modem. If you are on DSL, and you are dialing out on the same line as your DSL, then you need a DSL filter on the line your dial-up modem is using.

That gives you several things to try. I hope that helps.
Gavin Walker
Walker Tek Solutions, LLC
417-890-6777 x0
fax: 417-763-6386

afzal44

Post by afzal44 » Mon Jul 25, 2011 8:12 pm

thanks for the reply. I have a cable modem.I did do a modem check on medisoft (from the "tools" drop down") and the modem is recognized by medisoft.

I installed the EDI and EDI frame links from SP2. I chose the PABS module and installed. After going to submit a claim. I right click to print/send claims and then choose electronic. Right after that, I get the following error. "tbIInsurance: Field 'NPIonly' not found. Any help with that would be really appreciated. I didn't download the other SP2 links (medisoft core, office hours pro). Was a bit concerned i might get other errors.

Gavin Walker

Post by Gavin Walker » Tue Jul 26, 2011 8:11 am

All of the SP2 items work together. So you also need Medisoft Core at the link above. If you use Office Hours Pro, be sure to get that also.