Medisoft office messenger on WinServer2008R2... Problems

Technical problems with Medisoft.
rstreetpt

Medisoft office messenger on WinServer2008R2... Problems

Post by rstreetpt » Wed Jul 20, 2011 11:14 am

We are running a new server (Windows Server 2008 R2 Foundation Edition) and cannot send messages using office messenger... I looked into other problems with this OS and it seems that everything since the release of Win Vista does not have the messenger service even available. I didn't know if this could be the cause of all of our messenger issues but we cannot send any messages using Medisoft. Other network messenger programs work. We've been able to use command line messaging and other programs... I recently came to the conclusion that Medisoft's messenger service runs through the server and since our server does not have any type of this service running the software doesn't send the message through to the recipient. Can anyone verify this?

Gavin Walker

Re: Medisoft office messenger on WinServer2008R2... Problems

Post by Gavin Walker » Wed Jul 20, 2011 2:20 pm

I think you see the crux of the problem. This is on McKesson's list of things to do, it just keeps falling too low on the priority list to fix. There are a number of good instant messaging systems. Some of them are free. Some are incompatible with Medisoft, so take care. We have discussed this topic on another thread here.
Gavin Walker
Walker Tek Solutions, LLC
417-890-6777 x0
fax: 417-763-6386