Access Violations on an old version (v11) of Office Hours

Technical problems with Medisoft.
smilner

Access Violations on an old version (v11) of Office Hours

Post by smilner » Mon Jul 18, 2011 4:34 pm

Hi,

I recently started 'helping' with the IT at a small clinic running Office Hours v11. They are in the process of planning an upgrade to the system, but we are stuck trying to keep this old version patched together until October.

Last night we had to swap out a failed printer that was the default for the receptionist (running office hours on XP Professional). I set her default to another networked printer (this one an HP color laser, running the PCL 6 driver). Since then, whenever she tries to print a superbill, (and only during the print job), she receives an 'access violation at address 0472785 in module ohp.exe. Read access 00000210' error. Office Hours then locks, and the application has to be terminated to recover.

We don't have technical support at this time, and by the time I was authorized to call for billable tech support, the desk had closed.

Does anyone have any idea where I could look for a solution, or even to isolate what is happening? It seems pretty cut-and-dried that it is a printer/print driver issue, but I am not sure where to turn to try to solve this issue.

Scott

Gavin Walker

Re: Access Violations on an old version (v11) of Office Hour

Post by Gavin Walker » Mon Jul 18, 2011 9:58 pm

Try disabling bi-directional communication in the Windows printer setup. This usually disables the out of ink warning.
Gavin Walker
Walker Tek Solutions, LLC
417-890-6777 x0
fax: 417-763-6386